• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://twitter.com/davidguenel/status/1449087689119043590?s=21

Comment

That’s fantastic.

Comment

[https://twitter.com/velonews/status/1450869901430775817?t=Dwn_qRZUUaLe1ShdSC8A0A&s=19

Comment

The start of this tonight has caught even me on the hop, GB out of the Mens Team Sprint in the first round while the Women will face Japan in the Bronze Race.

Coverage is confusingly spread across all the BBC platforms for the whole competition.

Comment

Is it not on British Eurosport?

Comment

Nigerian track kit. Oof

Comment

Wow. Shame about the slidey sandals.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                  Is it not on British Eurosport?
                  It is but I'm not sure if everyone has access to that. I do actually genuinely prefer the race coverage on the BBC too, though curse the way it is unpublicised, shunted around the platforms and so often surrounded by magazine show fluff.

Comment

What I would really like is the Eurosport feed with anyone in the world other than Kirby commenting

The GB men got a horrific draw in the Team Pursuit

Comment

Sad that Team Z never had it in them to get on there. The La Vie Claire jersey will always be the best on there.

Comment

It should have been what LeMond wore for his second.

The ADR thing is a disaster.

Comment

Two bronzes for the British men so far this evening - team pursuit and Wales's Rhys Britton in the scratch race.

That velodrome is not exactly an architectural thing of beauty.

Comment

Katie Archibald gets the rainbow jersey in the Omnium with a typically dominant performance.

Does anyone know why this Worlds has been brought forward to October from its previous February slot?

I think it's a permanent switch and it seems doubly strange to do it in an (albeit delayed) Olympic year.
                            Last edited by Ray de Galles; 22-10-2021, 20:03.

Comment

Worlds will move from late February to October. Track worlds has been all over the calendar during its history, but the UCI decided to move it back to the fall. Naysayers were quick to point out that if the worlds are held after the Olympics the event will lose much of its prestige. The UCI countered that a fall date for the worlds will open the door for road racing endurance riders to also participate in the track worlds. The new date will be unveiled in the 2021 worlds will be scheduled for October in Turkmenistan (which drew a question about human rights during Sunday’s press conference).
                              From here, which also discusses other changes to the track calendar, including the introduction of the World League, which runs over the winter

https://www.velonews.com/news/uci-re...track-cycling/

Comment

I’m putting this here because (a) the team’s performance has been a recurring topic this year and (b) it’s apparently not a banned medication:

Comment

The researchers write that Tizanidine “can be used alone or in combination for the management of pain in case of tension headache, acute low back pain, chronic pain associated with cerebral palsy, or acute postoperative pain. It has recently gained recognition in the treatment of opioid withdrawal.”

Possible side effects include dizziness, hallucinations, strange dreams, depression, increased muscle spasms, and a tingling sensation in the arms, legs, hands, and feet.

Comment

I missed that they made the Omnium really samey. What's the point of it if three of the four events are so similar?

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                      What's the point of it?
                                      Fixed that for you.

The men's Madison is on at the moment, which seems an excellent thing to broadcast on BBC2 of a Sunday afternoon. Britain have just gone into third thanks to gaining a lap, though Hayter looks to be going better than Ollie Wood. Earlier a clearly exhausted Archibald took silver in the points race.

Comment

Continuing strangeness at Team DSM where both Tiesj Benoot and Van Wilder are trying to get out early, with the latter going legal.

Comment

Dowsett's hour record attempt is live on YouTube: https://youtu.be/0yDtTJhXf4Q

Comment

It's all over. He completed 54.555km - not the record but a heck of an effort. Chapeau.

Comment

That's overtaken Wiggins to be the new British record, and the closest anyone has got to the 55.089km record set by Campanaerts.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                                That's overtaken Wiggins to be the new British record, and the closest anyone has got to the 55.089km record set by Campanaerts.
                                                My bad! I had somehow missed Dan Bigham's attempt around a month ago where he reached 54.723km.

Comment

I’ve only recently read about this (when Demare made comments a week or two back) and I don’t know how significant it is. But none of UAE, Ineos, Jumbo-Visma, Quickstep or Bahrain are in the MPCC and that covers most of the big winners this season.

Cofidis Grand Tour rider talks about his new book, taking on Pogacar and his 2022 goals

Comment

The other teams should probably give them a go then.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X