No announcement yet.

Roglic's Revenge: Pro Cycling 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's looking brutal already. And they're still in Sacile.

Comment

Ha, the rain on the camera lens is making the picture look like a bad jpeg

Comment

Some riders have no gloves. I can't watch.

Comment

TV coverage gone. Riders' strike mentioned. The potential for this to turn into a clusterf*ck has upped considerably.

Comment

Does everyone get this graphic? Combined with the Procyclingstats live updates it’s all right:

Comment

Comment

I think I prefer the graphic.

Comment

I was thinking of going out for a half hour ride at lunch but was put off by the morning drizzle. This has galvanized me.

Comment

This is a breakaway Ineos probably won’t let get away, with Almeida, Formolo and Martin in there.

Comment

A tunnel! Respite!

Comment

Alright there were no pictures for the last 20k which was pretty much all the major action, Bernal won solo and has got the race sewn up but Bardet finished second. Allez Romain!

I see Evenepoel lost 24 minutes.

Comment

I did enjoy Bernal contorting himself on the wet cobbles to get his rain jacket off and display the pink jersey at the finish. Good lad.

Comment

Solid work by EF and Carthy.

Comment

Germany pull out of European Track Championships in Minsk over plane rerouted by Belarus

The German cycling federation (BDR) has called for the event to be moved following the incident, which has been criticised by the European Union.

The five-day European Track Championships start on 23 June.

The BDR said: "Under the circumstances, the participation of the German track cycling national team at the European Championships in Minsk is not possible."

It added: "The UEC [European Cycling Union] also views this situation very critically and will discuss it on Thursday at the meeting of the management board in Lausanne and take a decision."

The UEC is monitoring the situation and will make an announcement on 27 May.
                              Last edited by Ray de Galles; 25-05-2021, 14:55.

Comment

So, we did miss something with the breaks in coverage yesterday

https://twitter.com/albertriverar/status/1396945551892094981

Comment

Holy shit. I’m amazed at Bernal’s coolness there. It does make you realise how vulnerable the riders are.

Comment

Maybe growing up in Colombia* in the first years of the 21st century had its benefits

* For comedic point; I'm sure that parts of Colombia weren't fully ridden with drugs cartels and communist guerillas.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                      Just seen this as I've been avoiding spoilers watching a day\stage behind: thanks! As good as a tonic when Ineos are dominating the Giro

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                        I did enjoy Bernal contorting himself on the wet cobbles to get his rain jacket off and display the pink jersey at the finish. Good lad.
                                        He obviously hadn't heard about Vlasov getting his jacket caught in the chain

Comment

The whole championships in Belarus has now been cancelled.

Comment

L'Equipe is reporting Sagan is going to sign for Total Direct Energie next season, which is an unexpected development - it's clear he's fallen out with Bora and is going to leave, but Deceuninck seemed his most likely destination.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                                              L'Equipe is reporting Sagan is going to sign for Total Direct Energie next season, which is an unexpected development - it's clear he's fallen out with Bora and is going to leave, but Deceuninck seemed his most likely destination.
                                              Is that a bit of a step down for him?

Comment

Yes, as they are not a World Tour team, but they would be expected to get a wild card for Le Tour, which is likely his primary goal now. They may also get one for Milano SanRemo if he indicates a focus on that. Would be interesting to see what kind of lead out he would have there, though.

Comment

It would be like MvdP at Alpecin-Fenix. Wildcards for the races he cares about, no obligation for the rest. At Deceuninck he'd have to fit around their other star riders, and he's never really been fussed about a leadout. Personally I'd like to see him trying to add to his cobbled classic palmares.

Comment

Eurosport commentator comparing the Passo della Colma to Waddington Fell there, might have ride it again sometime this weekend

Comment

Working...
                                                    X