No announcement yet.

Yu Love to See It: MLB 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucky I don't have access to UA's collection or PT's collection. Scherzer and Buehler in the next two games. Still, I'd be stunned if the Dodgers win both.

Not posting in the hockey thread but the Hawks were horrible tonight. They had 10 good minutes and 50 very poor minutes. Needless to say, I didn't see any of the Dodgers games (just checked scores on my phone).

Comment

Things you think about while enjoying a pint after a long walk with the dog.

Is the batter in the MLB logo left or right handed. He's a leftie to me but I reckon how you see it depends on the way you'd hold the bat.

Comment

Unclear

https://www.mlb.com/news/who-is-the-mlb-logo

Comment

I see San Bernardhinault is continuing his becoming an East Coaster, now suffering from all Sporting Events needing staying up later than you like.

Central Time is great.

Comment

I am old enough to remember .MLB before the logo was a thing and the faff around its introduction.

I always thought it was a lefty and recall hearing at the time that it was Killebrew (who was a righty).reversed.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
              I see San Bernardhinault is continuing his becoming an East Coaster, now suffering from all Sporting Events needing staying up later than you like.

Central Time is great.
              EST is OK for watching European football, and not terrible for West Indies cricket. But PST is pretty much the only acceptable way to watch American sports, and even then they sometimes force me to stay up way past a reasonable bed time.

Comment

Anyway, I was misinformed the other day that if my beloved local Red Sox win today's game and go to a game seven there was going to be one of those miracle days when every Boston major league team was playing on the same day. Turns out it's bollocks because game seven is on the Saturday and the other three teams play on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post

EST is OK for watching European football, and not terrible for West Indies cricket. But PST is pretty much the only acceptable way to watch American sports, and even then they sometimes force me to stay up way past a reasonable bed time.
                  That is true for European football. I never can be bothered to get up for the earlier kick-offs, though I guess I never really did on the East Coast. MLB, NBA, NHL all give the East Coast a miserable time watching.

Comment

I may get kicked out of the Empire for this.

But I am sad the Sawx Lawst.

Comment

I will defend you gratis in the deportation proceedings.

I am happy for Dusty, who deserves a ring as a manager.

Unlike so many of his colleagues, he has learned from his mistakes.

Comment

Silver lining on a tornado cloud, that.

But yes. He does deserve one.

Comment

I am now left supporting the Dodgers? I've always said how much I love all Southern California sports teams. They're basically a home-town team for me... right?

Comment

Cheats vs Tomahawk Choppers
                            woohoo take your pick
                            I'm gonna go Astros because the manager seems cool.

Comment

A brutal series for the Dodgers. I saw an interview with Scherzer. I'm glad he was asked directly if closing game 5 followed by starting game 1 had any affect on his arm. He did not answer directly but said that the workload over the last month didn't help and was akin to coming out of Spring Training and then going for it in April. This was a tough loss but I saw it coming in game 4 of the NLDS. The mistakes with starting pitching were not the only gap: hitting with men in scoring position has been a problem all year and the pinch hitters were horrible. Steven Souza Jr. was an absolute disaster. This guy seemed to strike out every time and rarely got the bat off his shoulder. Here's an idea for a pathetic pinch hitter: make him bunt and have him practice bunting. But again, for me, the pitching problems couldn't be overcome because the Dodgers management team (Roberts only? Roberts in partnership with baseball ops) made a mess of the situation.

I can't root for Houston.

Comment

I wonder if anybody out there had Astros v Braves as their picks for the World Series.

I know someone who has been friends with Yuli Gurriel since his days in Cuba, so he's very pleased for the Astros.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                  I wonder if anybody out there had Astros v Braves as their picks for the World Series.
                                  I don't think this was a big stretch. I picked the As to win the West and had the Rays and Twins as Wild Card teams. I wrote this with my picks: "The AL West is a mess. I'm torn between the star talent that still remains in Houston and the As that surprise almost every year. I changed these picks three times just as I typed this, but I believe in the As more than the 'Stros." The concern with Houston was the pitching, since the bats are pure class (even without help). And I picked Atlanta to win the WS. So, my unadventurous picks mostly based on the previous season's form and free agent signings would certainly be bettered by someone who is digging into the possibilities. Still, with the Astros mostly no-name starters and Atlanta being sub-500 most of the season, I can see why you say this Patrick Thistle

I'm not super excited about this series but there is a lot of talent around the diamond for both teams, so I'll tune in for some of each game I assume.

Comment

Probably one for the WTF thread but the adverts on the Houston feed are bleak. Some company called My Patriot offering 25 years worth of food that'll stay good and delivered in unmarked boxes, presumably so it doesn't get robbed, meaning you and your family can survive the coming apocalypse.

Comment

Comment

https://twitter.com/jeffpassan/status/1453184090799288321?s=21

Comment

If you need a good supercut of Patriotic Self-Reliance in These Days of the End Times, do I have a video for you:

(Apologies if this has been posted before here, my ability to discern what I found where is bleeding out.)

Comment

I'm guessing that broken leg was the comebacker. Man, that is brutal. Losing him is huge for Atlanta, since their starting rotation is thing and Morton has been a big game playoff pitcher.

Comment

Yes, it was the comebacker from Gurriel in the second inning that did the damage

Very unfortunate for all concerned

Comment

Enjoying the Astros fan at the foul pole with the giant "The Chop is Racist" sign.

Comment

Well, Patrick Thistle and San Bernardhinault huge news for you guys. Bob Melvin has reportedly left the As to take the Padres job. That's a shocker and should be a great hire.

Comment

That's the first thing I read when I woke up just now.

Excellent news, imo.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X