Yu Love to See It: MLB 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The National League ERA for the season was 4.20

3.25 is pretty damn good in this environment, even if it is depressed by his home ballpark.

Comment

Chicago has always been a football town . . .

Comment

danielmak's boys let him down again

Buehler gets the ball on short rest

Comment

All the wrong teams are winning. I’m going to end up actually wanting a Red Sox win if this carries on.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
            Chicago has always been a football town . . .
            That's an interesting angle.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
              All the wrong teams are winning. I’m going to end up actually wanting a Red Sox win if this carries on.
              I'm probably going to be cast out of the Evil Emp- well, it's basically an Evil City-State these days, but I will be cheering the Sawx vs the Cheating Ass Stros.

Hoping they lose to the National League representative now that I don't have the Cardinals to worry about, of course.

Comment

I liked the Braves in the early 1990s (typical young glory hunter). While I have no problems continuing to like a team from Atlanta, the whole tomohawk chop thing is very off putting.

Brewers then, what's not to like?

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
                  Brewers then, what's not to like?
                  I think the Brewers are a likeable team. The manager seems like a great guy, levelheaded, never caught out doing stupid stuff. He manages well. The team is balanced with good pitching, good defense, a mix of hitters. They would be my favorite if the Dodgers are knocked out.

Well, Buehler has the makeup to handle this, but it's a stupid move as I posted above. I don't know how Gonsolin did against the Giants this season and I understand that you have to win game 4 to get to a game 5 to get to the next round. But I expect that the reverberations of this move will be felt if all of that plays out.

Comment

Hader grooving one to Freeman in a tie game is off putting

Not tied any longer

This is proving to be a tough set of playoffs for neutrals

Comment

Gonsolin appears to have had only one start against the Giants this year and went for three runs in three innings in a game LA lost 7-2

​​​

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post

This is proving to be a tough set of playoffs for neutrals
                        Until today it looked like there may be one bright spot, but assuming the Dodgers win game 5 (which I am assuming) it's a grand slam of wrongness

Comment

Dodgers Giants aside, I'm not enjoying the playoffs. A West coast winner for me please.

Comment

The only good thing from the playoffs so far was the Yankees being eliminated. Everything else is bad.

I guess my current hierarchy of teams I want to lose least:

Giants
                            Red Sox
                            Braves
                            Astros
                            Dodgers

But, frankly, this list looks like evidence that the idea that sporting success is amoral is over-optimistic.

Comment

Giants and Dodgers are tied at 109 wins if I remember the number correctly. And neither team has won two in a row during this playoff round, so Dodgers will need to break that to advance. I fear extra innings the way this is going.

Comment

I'm happy to see Kiké Hernandez thriving, even if it is in Boston.

Comment

Two more things about Dodgers-Giants. First, Dodgers have not scored in their two losses, so an early run would help me feel better (slightly). Second, obviously this was 5 games, but it comes down to one game. So, the one game wild card was about one game. This is now about one game. Again, it's different, I get it. But one game is one game.

Comment

Ray Fosse died. Pete Rose railroaded him and now he’s dead.

Comment

I am wrong about baseball way more than I am right. I guess akin to just hoping to hit 300. The Dodgers are going with an opener tonight. It is such a stupid move. They have won 109 games and now are deciding to get cute with Knebel opening. And thinking back, many of the heartbreaks that happened with the Dodgers in the past 8 years is getting cute (most notably having a tired Kershaw pitch out of the pen but they made a mess of Gonsolin/Gray last year against the Braves by trying to get cute). Urias has proven to be one of the most effective post-season pitchers. Just start him. Go with what got you to 109 wins. Again, while I am wrong most of the time, but this move is so stupid. I fear that by the time I get home from work, the Dodgers will be down and the front office has another loss hanging over their head that everyone puts on Roberts.

Editing to build on that last sentence: The Yankees just fired a lot of their coaches, Those guys took the fall for Cashman's stupid architecture. Roberts is on the frontline, not the Dodgers brass.
                                      Last edited by danielmak; 14-10-2021, 18:52.

Comment

Their absolute commitment to pissing you off at every possible opportunity is now entering epic nemesis territory

Comment

Today is the sixth anniversary of the wildest single inning in Blue Jays franchise history; ALDS game 5, seventh inning, against the Texas Rangers.

It lasted 53 minutes and included bench-clearing incidents, fan stupidity, and the Jose Bautista bat flipping hit that brought the house down.

All here, in just 30 minutes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imRhlUpE36Y

Comment

https://twitter.com/graigkreindler/status/1423035934883340295?s=21

Comment

Holy cow, that painting.

Maybe I'm just selective in my follows, but the Dodger fans that I follow on Twitter are keeping a level head about the Knebel decision.

Comment

Kreindler is very talented within his genre, and the Bautista is one of his best

Comment

Tina Turner would be more of a threat at the plate than Trea Turner

Comment

STEAMY WINDOWS! Coming from DanielMak's bodyheat!
                                                    STEAMYWINDOWS!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X