No announcement yet.

Yu Love to See It: MLB 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next game has started. Max Scherzer is a good pitcher. Making short work of the Padres order.

Comment

Every Scherzer start this month is a showcase to increase his trade value

Comment

I don't remember any stories ever about gunshots outside a stadium that affected a game. Granted, a lot of stadia are surrounded by massive parking lots. I remember a Santos Laguna game (LigaMX) being abandoned because of some kind of gunfight outside the stadium. It was nuts. I also remember another Santos game for much more pleasant reasons: dog on the pitch in the first half and a cat on the pitch during the second half.

I read that the Mets reached out to Cespedes about a possible reunion to help cover their injuries. Cespedes is the kind of player who needs to be signed to 14 days contracts (or whatever short term thing the NBA uses). And this news reminded me that Puig never was signed. I don't know if I've seen a player hit such highs and then just fall (maybe Fidrich sp?? but he was injured).

Comment

I hate it when they intentionally walk to load the bases with a pitcher coming in. I just see that deeply embarrassing grand slam coming.

Comment

Padres go ahead in the 8th inning. They've now scored 40 runs in 3 games.

Comment

And they are now behind again. Still the 8th inning.

Comment

Well the Padres nicked a run back and now need to stop the Nationals scoring in the bottom of the 9th.

Comment

Bah! Natonals won with a walk off run.

Comment

Was torn between Mets-Reds and Padres-Braves. Went with the former, which is a run fest (5-7 Top 4) but then quickly saw the latter has been postponed. Giants are at Dodgers for 4. I'm sticking to my new 3 hour rule. I just need to decide if I will start at the beginning and watch for the first 3 or tune in 2 hours after the game starts and watch the last 3 hours.

Comment

Have you tried "Big Inning" on MLB.TV?

It is a multiplex that goes from game to game depending on situation and isn't bad (especially when the Cubs are losing eleven in a row)

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                        Have you tried "Big Inning" on MLB.TV?

It is a multiplex that goes from game to game depending on situation and isn't bad (especially when the Cubs are losing eleven in a row)
                        I used to watch a lot of MLB tonight, which I think did something similar with a "whip around" apprach, but haven't check tout Big Inning yet. The thing is that I like watching the games, but the length kills me. I've become increasingly more annoyed by long games. But I'll check it out.

Comment

Bottom of the 2nd after 1 hour. I don't think I will make it to the 6th at this rate.

Comment

If gunshots stopped a White Sox game etc etc etc…

Comment

Giants win 7-2 and extend their lead to two games.

San Francisco are 6-4 over their last ten games; the other four teams in the division are all 5-5.

Comment

I heard that the Dodgers are on pace to win 95 games. A lot of the pundits had predicted 110. That difference is big but also not massive. But this team doesn't feel like a world beater. They go on really solid runs but there are times when the defense is really, really sloppy. They are slow on the bases. And the starting pitching has gone from robust to thin. The pitching is still solid, which matters. Guys like Treinen have ERAs that don't really reflect the quality. A bad inning here or there elevates the ERA.

I keep waiting for the Giants to tumble but it doesn't happen. My fear is that the Astros are going to quietly become a juggernaut because everyone is so focused on the NL West, NL East, and the combination of Yankees failure/Red Sox success.

Comment

The Vegas over/under, which is the best single measure of the wisdom of crowds on win totals, had them at 102.5, which is still within the realm of possibility. 110 was always going to be challenging given their division and essentially unattainable in a season when the Giants are good.

The Yankees were second at 95.5, which looks to be a hoo boy number, though NYY odds are always a bit inflated by dumb money.

Comment

I can't see the Dodgers getting to 102 but I say that as I was about to post that the Giants-Dodgers game was going to come in at a manageable 2 hours and something. Then Kenley imploded and here I am 25 minutes later watching the same half inning. So, in this context I can't see this team getting to 102 but I was away yesterday and didn't see the comeback win on Tuesday night, which could have balanced out the poor baseball I've been seeing lately.

Comment

The Dodgers are playing the Giants and even then the Padres can't make any inroads into either team's lead. I fear it's going to be one-and-done in the play-off wildcard for us in post-season if we even make it that far.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                        The Dodgers are playing the Giants and even then the Padres can't make any inroads into either team's lead. I fear it's going to be one-and-done in the play-off wildcard for us in post-season if we even make it that far.
                                        Pessimism all the way around the NL West in this thread. If Yu pitches like Yu pitched during the first half, I'd expect the Padres won't be one and done unless something insane happens and the Giants implode and the Mets (with a healthy DeGrom) are the other Wild Card team. I'd expect that the Dodgers would run out Buehler, who has been a big game playoff pitcher but he's not been as good as Yu this season. Then again, people keep waiting for Buehler's Cy Young season and I don't think it's coming. I think he's better than Pettite and El Duque but he's that kind of pitcher. A top class pitcher who flips the switch when the playoffs come around and becomes a true ace.

Comment

https://twitter.com/bbletter/status/1418323729294180357

Comment

Although I have a lot of baseball hats, that's mostly a product of me forgetting to bring a hat when I travel somewhere sunny and needing to buy new hats. I am not the target market, but man those look horrible.

Comment

Nelson Cruz and a minor league pitcher to Tampa Bay for the Rays' number 10 and 17 prospects (both hurlers).

Comment

They’re out of ideas.

Comment

I guess the Rays are willing to give up pitchers given their recent skill finding undervalued relievers. But in part they have succeeded because they have had good starting pitchers that can be traded with years left. Still, Cruz still keep rolling and might add some punch to a club that needs to stay in the hunt for the division. Twins have been an every other year team but I am stunned by their failures this season. And I will be even more stunned if any team does a long deal with Buxton. The guy finally lived up the hope earlier this season and then got hurt again. Glass doesn't become steel. The Dodgers have been mostly lucky with Pollock but he's still injured almost every season at various points.

Comment

https://twitter.com/snstats/status/1418420414414524416?s=21

Comment

Working...
                                                    X