X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slam Diego is back

The Rockies are very poor at baseball

Comment

That was a very tense final inning. But a good win with a team of last minute call ups from AAA. And a short break before doing it all again. (But I'm going to bed)

Comment

You still have a better lineup on the field than Colorado

Comment

The next game has a couple of changes. Nola comes in as catcher. O'Grady is out of the starting line up.

Comment

The Rockies literally have a guy whose last name is "Joe" at first base

Comment

Dodgers just needed the Mariners to come to town. Bats are warmed up and finally an inning where bases loaded 0 outs led to some runs. Marlins are next, one of my least favorite teams. Hoping they get swept.

Comment

I'm just going to mention, that it's really nice to see Aaron Judge, hit. (Bring on the next 3-month Mendoza.)

12:20PST Officially goiong to talk shite now.

Comment

Padres lost the second game of the day, narrowly in an extra inning. Given that means most of the team played 15 innings, and a few of the players had literally got off a plane and walked into the starting line up, it's a good thing they have a couple of days off now.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                    The Rockies literally have a guy whose last name is "Joe" at first base
                    Who famously started the 2019 season for the Giants and got dropped after a week of the most overmatched at-bats you've ever seen.

He is from San Diego though (went to Poway HS and USD) so cool that he got to play against the team he almost certainly grew up rooting for.

Comment

I haven't had time to dig into this, but a friend sent me the link with caveat that hours might be swallowed up surfing teams that folded (across all major US sports):

https://funwhileitlasted.net/

Comment

These look like utter garbage and everyone is wearing them

https://twitter.com/uniwatch/status/1393292885907447816

Comment

Originally posted by danielmak View Post
                          I haven't had time to dig into this, but a friend sent me the link with caveat that hours might be swallowed up surfing teams that folded (across all major US sports):

https://funwhileitlasted.net/
                          That is one of a number of very good sites that retro obsessives have put up. The ABA and NASL ones are also treasure troves that I consult periodically.

Comment

The best team in baseball are rarely in danger of a sell out crowd, missing two of their best players and are basically coached by a pickled head of Nixon in a jar. Welcome to 2021.

Comment

The pickled head of Nixon would make better in game decisions than TLR

Comment

I applaud there approach to self-handicapping. It is an amazing choice to make - one that few other ball clubs would dare to.

Comment

When you have that much talent, it just wouldn't be fair to have it managed sensibly

People outside the South Side might notice, and we certainly can't be having that

Comment

I have said this before, I hate the camo gear. If I was a vet, I wouldn't see that as a tribute. If teams want to put on a show, give money to groups that help vets who need help and give free tickets to vets.

I haven't watched the White Sox much this season but saw some of the game yesterday, La Russa walked out to the mound with a mask on but his entire nose was sticking out and that bad hair dye job isn't fooling anyone.

Dodgers have bases loaded and only score 1 run. They seem to do better without the bases loaded. But they won and Kenley was lights out. Padres are currently up, but it's time for me to jump to football.

Comment

I'm guessing you wouldn't have been a fan of this team I found on Fun While It Lasted https://funwhileitlasted.net/2018/11...hire-baseball/

Comment

Jarred Kelenic, the Mariners rookie, hit a home run in his first MLB at bat last night. The camera cut away to his parents in the stand who were hugging and crying. Made me go awwwwww.

Comment

There Is a lot going on there.

Their home isn't terribly far from San Bernardhinault's current abode (maybe 30 miles). I have seen Can-Am League games, but they were gone before we returned to the US.

Comment

ursus arctos Presume that was in reply to Zeb rather than about the Kelenics.

Comment

Correct

The Kelenics are from Waukesha, the affluent white suburb of Milwaukee beloved of US election gurus

Comment

I love the sign. Watched a couple innings and the parents were very well behaved.

Comment

Reports that Dodgers signed Pujols. I have no idea why. I don't object to signing him more generally, but the Dodgers need the DH days for Turner or Muncy. And Lux has come around finally so don't want him sitting while Muncy moves to second and Pujols plays first. I posted before that the Dodgers are deep but really the talent level is thin. Beatty, who I've complained about a lot, has been quite good this season. Rios is out hurt but he usually spells Turner or Muncy. Pujols can't reasonably play third even with shifts and Beatty would be better to spell Muncy. Anyway, we'll see how often he plays and where, but I'm a firm believer that playing guys out of position leads to errors and in this environment, giving up free bases and creating a situation where an error messes up a pitcher's rhythm is just bad for a team.

Comment

Originally posted by Cal Alamein View Post

I love the sign. Watched a couple innings and the parents were very well behaved.
                                                    That sign is common now. The only thing that changes is the team it references in the last point.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X