Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
    Cheers Cal. I can't take any credit obvs
    Call yourself a fan? Any win for any of our teams in any sport us always down to us...

Comment

The Padres have posted this picture of Joe Musgrove and his family from a few years back. He's the one in the Padres shirt.

(I love this story)

Comment

112 pitches early in the season isn't ideal but it's not brutal, so ideally he isn't worn down by that. If this is his second or third start 100 pitches is probably the goal. And if he wasn't throwing hard stressful pitches a lot then 112 is quite low for a no hitter.

Comment

MLB audio is brilliant. I just love baseball on the radio. So far I've listened to games from Boston, New York, Chicago, Dunedin not Toronto and I'm cooking tea in Tampa. There is something so soothing about the flow of the game over the air.

Last edited by Greenlander; 10-04-2021, 19:55.

Comment

https://twitter.com/MLBONFOX/status/1380970710756122624

Comment

Got the live game on BT Sports on. Astros v As.

Yuli Gurriel hit a line drive that cannoned into the pitchers bum. Made him hop a bit but he was OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenlander View Post
                MLB audio is brilliant. I just love baseball on the radio. So far I've listened to games from Boston, New York, Chicago, Dunedin not Toronto and I'm cooking tea in Tampa. There is something so soothing about the flow of the game over the air.
                Yankess have John Sterling on most of the commentary. Many people hate him, but I like him a lot. White Sox somehow got Len Kasper to leave Cubs' TV broadcasts to do radio and he's also really good. Dodgers have Charlie Steiner much of the time and I can't stand hearing him call games. I swear 80+% of the time he can't judge a home run. He's almost always caught out. The Dodgers had Rick Monday doing some games on TV during Spring training but I don't know if he still does radio calls. When I last lived in LA, the Dodgers had Scully, Ross Porter, and Rick Monday alternating between TV and radio and for me that was a fabulous trio. Obviously Scully was the the true standout.

I also got to hear Ernie Harwell on radio toward the end of his career during a brief period that I lived in Michigan. I don't know who is doing what in Detroit now (esp. after the brawl that took place among the TV announcers a couple years back).

Comment

This is going to be a thing, isn't it?

Padres: Second best record in the entire major leagues
                  Padres: Second best record in the division

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                    This is going to be a thing, isn't it?

Padres: Second best record in the entire major leagues
                    Padres: Second best record in the division
                    Yep. 7 games against the Dodgers before the end of April. Those series feel really important even now.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                      Yep. Pretty special achievement. The Padres had 30 1-hitters in their history. This is the first no-hitter.

FTR: 112 pitches.

Its just my opinion but it feels the team had been chasing home runs and trying to be Slam Diego again. This hopefully is a reminder there are other ways to make history.
                      Well, to be fair, there was one hit.

Comment

The Angels look good. Dodgers are Dodgers.

Including San Diego, it's going to be a good year for California. (Oakland suck).

Comment

Carlos Rodon had a perfect game going against Cleveland and then hits Perez on the top of the foot with one out in the 9th. Still a chance for a no hitter.

He gets the no hitter.
                          Last edited by danielmak; 15-04-2021, 02:52.

Comment

Since 1901, there have been six no-hitters in which the only base runner reached after having been hit by a pitch

Two of them happened in the last five days

Comment

Chicago news spent about 2 minutes on Brooklyn Center and about 15 minutes on Rodon last night.

Comment

2 minutes more than about the Tennessee high school, then?

Comment

If I ever have to listen to someone talking about baseball, for the rest of my life? It would be Harold Reynolds.

Aside fro the accent, it would be such ... knowledge. I love him I do. (If I Google him, and he played for the Mets or something, do I get a free pass?)

Comment

Oh my god, I am such a fucking bellend.

It's Jackie Robinson day.

x

Comment

OK. Pedro Martinez has a lisp?

And I'm only learning this now, why?

Comment

OK. Watching MLB TV, and all is well.

Pedro Martinez is talking to Harold thingy, right.

So, the guy in the blue jacket is... pointless?

Comment

I wish, I had posted the last two posts, in about 90 minutes time.

Comment

"Do you remember 'Jackie Robinson' on "Jackie Robinson" day? Thank you for the insight mlbtv.

Dwell on that.

Comment

You know, the one thing that would be perfect, after two exceptional men of colour, talking about a man who broke all the rules, you need John Smoltz!

It was just so unexpected. Incidentally, it just hapened.

Comment

John Smoltz, is a fucking good sport.

x

Comment

Fourth best record in the Major Leagues. Third best record in the NL West...

Comment

Yeah but at least the Padres came out of Pittsburgh with a .500 series instead of crashing and burning a third game in a row.

Jake Cronenworth had a good game. He's eclipsed somewhat by the man with the 14 year contract but is a better player for the team.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X