No announcement yet.

A World Cup Year? Rugby League 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, tough on Trinity. Really glad to see Tom Johnstone fully fit and firing, an absolute must for the England squad in a WC year if he continues in this form. Adam Tangata is another player I follow with interest. He came to Widnes from Halifax with a growing reputation and looked fantastic in the few games he played for us (of which I saw two) but the financial meltdown at the club meant he was released from contract almost before he had started. Looking forward to see him going well at Wakefield and for Cook Islands in the WC.

Comment

In the NRL on Thursday night Penrith Panthers took some revenge of sorts for their gutting Grand Final defeat by beating Melbourne Storm by two points in an early season fixture that may have longer term significance. Panthers achieved this without pivotal half back Nathan Cleary too.

Comment

London Broncos v York Challenge Cup match currently live on BBC iplayer. Just about twenty minutes gone and still scoreless - shaping up to be a very decent game.

Comment

Well that first Wigan try was never a try in a million years. Tom Johnstone off with a failed HIA didn’t help and neither did the fact that for all our pressure our attack was utterly toothless. Normal service was resumed in the second half as Trin got pumped. Botheration. There's a feeling that the players are too matey with the coach and management and I suspect we'll have a new coach by the end of the season. I missed most of Hull KR v Saints, but it looks like KR are worse than we are. Saints next for us, so that'll be no points from three games.

Comment

Ha! Eat Tiger shit Rhino scum! Not that I could watch it...

Comment

In the NRL the dramatic decline of the once mighty Canterbury Bulldogs continues.

Comment

They were lucky to get nill. A lot of touching gestures for Mose Masoe this weekend.

Comment

The word amongst those who know their stuff in RL was always that Brett Hodgson was going to be a top class coach. Well Hull gave him his chance and it looks like he’s taking it.

Comment

A surprise in the first round of the Championship as Sheffield put 50 points on Bradford Bulls. Widnes currently just edging division newcomers Newcastle 12-10 but still in the first half.

Comment

So our impending tenants have had a bad start, innit. Out of the cup, and smashed in the first league game.

Comment

Now Newcastle 22 - Widnes 30 with eight minutes left. This could go down to the wire.

Comment

Finishes 30 - 30.

Comment

Any idea why the current google search page logo is an image of Clive Sullivan?

Edit - well it’s his birthday I suppose, but still surprised to see it.
                            Last edited by Tony C; 09-04-2021, 09:27.

Comment

I have to say my first thought was that it was Billy Boston!

Comment

I believe he was the first black captain of any major British sports team.

Cas struggling against Hull KR...

Comment

Cas no longer struggling against Hull KR. Bloody jammy Cas!

Comment

Yay!

Comment

Catalans - Wakefield an excellent game so far with two points in it at half time. Each team registering just one mistake each in the first forty minutes and very few penalties conceded. Great discipline from both teams.

Sadly I was unable to see the Saints/Rhinos game earlier. Fortunately I was unable to see Widnes capitulate at Salford.

Comment

I've watched both Challenge Cup games tonight, after an NRL game earlier (and a football interlude for Barrow v Carlisle, and also the Grand National). Two good games in the Cup and a good afternoon of coverage.

One very minor niggle, and I didn't rewind it to check the exact wording but I'm sure when Catalans scored to go 18-6 up on around 62 minutes the commentator said "and that's the try that takes Calatans into the quarter finals" - Wakefield looked fairly knackered at that point but it still sounded a bit premature.

Comment

Nilled in rhe second half and appalling 5th tackle plays. 8 wins in the last 49 and 2 of those were in the Challenge Cup against lower league teams. No attacking threat. Ho hum.

Comment

Then again, if Tupou had gone for the line instead of passing and giving Tom Johnstone an impossible task to try and score things could have been different. Fine margins and low confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty Trin View Post
                                              Nilled in rhe second half and appalling 5th tackle plays. 8 wins in the last 49 and 2 of those were in the Challenge Cup against lower league teams. No attacking threat. Ho hum.
                                              Widnes have been nilled in the second half of their last two matches.

Comment

Always delighted to see Cas win, but I really hope that my old local team will get their act together as soon as possible.

Comment

Another second half nil from Widnes and another thrashing, this time from Batley.

Comment

I won't start a new topic on this, but Christ on a shitting motorbike, can Trinity please get rid of Chris Chester and his backroom team. My Dad sees him in the local Tesco Express, I went to school with him and sang in a choir with him 30 years ago (and he was a wonderful boy soprano). I've nothing against him, but please, as we say in Wakey, soort it fuckin' aht.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X