No announcement yet.

At last the Cricket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

468 in the end for Bangladesh from 270/8. 150* from No. 8 Mahmudullah and 75 from No. 10 Taskin Ahmed

Comment

This was a remarkable game to watch

https://twitter.com/cricbuzz/status/1413690282890072072

Comment

Rather different batting approaches adopted by Brandon Taylor and Takudzwanashe Kaitano in the Zimbabwe second innings - Taylor having just gotten out for 92 off 73 bowls, while at the other end Kaitano is doing an Amla and has scored 2 (two) runs off 80 balls. They had a partnership of 95 runs for the second wicket.

Comment

Lost track a bit about which cricket thread is which, but wondering how exactly you pronounce Janneman Malan, who along with De Kock is powering SA to a big total against Ireland.

Comment

Oh well. Looks like a drawn series....

Comment

Windies just flaying a second tier Aussie attack in the 5thn T20, going at 12 an over through the first 12

Comment

Quite the collapse as they finish on 199, ,which should still be enough

Comment

Interesting dilemma in the Roses T20 match: a batter goes down with cramp in the middle of a run, should you run them out?

I don't think I've seen anything like that before, which is odd considering how common, borderline iconic it is in football matches. In cricket, whatever else happens, the batter seems to usually at least try to make it to the other end.

Yorkshire didn't anyway, and Lancashire indeed went on to win a narrow victory.

Comment

Way back in this thread I reported on Foxton in the national village cup, well today they lost in the quarter finals, to Stoke Green, which appears to be a part of Slough (not really sure how villagey that makes them, but them's the breaks

Comment

A lovely long, sun-baked afternoon/early evening at the Surrey T20 Cup Finals Day at my local club, East Molesey.

i missed the first semi-final as my son was rowing in Molesey Regatta a few hundred yards upriver but Reigate Priory bowled Ashtead out for 69 in response to their 135/7 so cruised through and then had a long wait while the second semi played out.

Weybridge set a more than decent score of 158/3 and The Moles looked out of it at 19/3 in response before a monster 112 run stand for the fourth wicket meant they knocked off the target in the 19th over.

In the final Reigate batted first and managed 142/9 which looked just about achievable for the hosts who motored along until around halfway when The Llamas (no, I don't know why either) bowling attack started to strangle their momentum, aided it has to be said by a ridiculously slow over rate and spoiler tactics which would have seen them punished in a pro game and caused great consternation amongst some of the home support.

It came down to a four needed off the final ball at 138/9 but the final wicket partnership had never quite looked like picking up a boundary or getting over the line and only managed a single.

A great day's cricket though with two typically tense T20 finales.The photo below is early on in the semi-final when I took refuge from the sun in the tree-lined boundary at Codger Corner before my mates turned up and we switched to the pavilion ;

Last edited by Ray de Galles; 20-07-2021, 13:46.

Comment

We probably could do with a reorganisation of cricket threads, especially as this one is getting on a bit. I started it when cricket resumed after the first stages of the pandemic last year

We have
                        Is This Your Celebrated Summer? - International Cricket in England 2021, Maybe convert this to general international level cricket?
                        it just isn't cricket, The hundred
                        SomerSex - County championship 2021, mostly county championship but I've also been talking about the blast in here
                        ICC T20 World Cup 2021, will come into its own later in the year.
                        Club Cricket

Comment

I would agree that a single international thread would make sense until England-India (which should get its own thread; the Ashes always does).

And that the "County Championship" thread is best seen as all cricket played by the counties (Championship, Blast, Royal London, friendlies with minor counties, etc.)

The Hundred merits quarantine/isolation in my book

Pending that:

https://twitter.com/ESPNcricinfo/status/1418279846459805696

Comment

All tests negative, so they have resumed the series, but Australia don't seem to want be there

46 for 6 after 13 overs

Mercy

Comment

A vigorously wagging tail gets AUS to 187, but I will be very surprised if that is enough

Comment

WI 77/5 so AUS now favourites, especially with Starc having 6 overs left.

Comment

A careening shopping trolley of a match

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                    We probably could do with a reorganisation of cricket threads, especially as this one is getting on a bit. I started it when cricket resumed after the first stages of the pandemic last year

We have
                                    Is This Your Celebrated Summer? - International Cricket in England 2021, Maybe convert this to general international level cricket?
                                    it just isn't cricket, The hundred
                                    SomerSex - County championship 2021, mostly county championship but I've also been talking about the blast in here
                                    ICC T20 World Cup 2021, will come into its own later in the year.
                                    Club Cricket

Happy for my Celebrated Summer thread to be retitled and repurposed as I dropped a bollock in specifying cricket in England anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                      A careening shopping trolley of a match
                                      It's swung back to WI again: Australia have to bowl them out because they only need 74 runs from 25.1 overs.

Comment

Ray, can you delete the "in England" from your title or do we need Snake?

Comment

Sad to hear that Mike Hendrick, one of my favourite ever cricketers and one of the most underrated, has died

Comment

India limp to 81/8 in their 20 overs against Sri Lanka, and only manage four fours (and no sixes) which I'm guessing may well be the lowest number of boundaries scored in a completed T20 innings.

Sri Lanka only managed five in completing the victory.

Comment

Mike Hendrick always insisted that he had Viv Richards stone dead LBW in his first ball of the 1979 World Cup Final. I would love to see a replay but I'm not sure the tape still exists. My guess is that Dickie Bird assumed that Hendrick bowls short of a length and that affected his conservative decision (plus it's Viv and his wicket falling would have probably decided the game).

However, Hendrick also went to South Africa on the rebel tour so 1979 was Karma delivered early.

Comment

Er... I note with alarm that Ben Stokes has taken a break from all forms of the game with immediate effect.

A big wake up call for the ECB and schedulers

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                                  Mike Hendrick always insisted that he had Viv Richards stone dead LBW in his first ball of the 1979 World Cup Final. I would love to see a replay but I'm not sure the tape still exists. My guess is that Dickie Bird assumed that Hendrick bowls short of a length and that affected his conservative decision (plus it's Viv and his wicket falling would have probably decided the game).

However, Hendrick also went to South Africa on the rebel tour so 1979 was Karma delivered early.

I remember one occasion when Hendrick bowled only to have the ball hit right back at him around head height. He made a movement to try and catch it but then just leant out of the way and let it go for four.

As he walked back to his mark with an expression somewhere between sheepish and rueful on his face, but mainly amused, Richie Benaud, after a long pause, just said "Very wise."

Comment

A year ban from international cricket for the three Sri Lankan Covid Protocol breechers.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X