No announcement yet.

At last the Cricket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Windward Islands have just put on their eighth bowler in their 50 over semifinal against Guyana

Comment

Trying to watch cricket in the pub on Sky is terrible. The sound is always off, so you can't tell if your watching a live wicket or a replay of one.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
        The Windward Islands have just put on their eighth bowler in their 50 over semifinal against Guyana
        Hetmyer bossing this one.

Comment

Credit where it's due, Windward Islands have bowled tight death overs here.
          Last edited by Kevin S; 25-02-2021, 21:07.

Comment

Good piece from Dobell

https://twitter.com/georgedobell1/status/1365050172066168832

Comment

Awful start for the Cape Cobras - caught on the first ball.

Comment

Looking at the points table though I fear this is a dead rubber. According to wiki there is a second game today, Dolphins v Titans, and that one does matter as a win for Titans gets then into the playoff match.

Tomorrow, second will play third in that playoff, then the winner of that faces the group winner in the final.

Comment

Classic Sachin

https://twitter.com/robelinda2/status/1365228249219878914

Comment

https://twitter.com/TheCricketerMag/status/1366032346324025344

You might be international team mates but surely you're taking your life in your hands doing this to a batter?

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                      https://twitter.com/TheCricketerMag/status/1366032346324025344

You might be international team mates but surely you're taking your life in your hands doing this to a batter?
                      What happened as video not available in my region?

Comment

Shaheen Afridi bowled Babar Azam with a beautiful 148kph ball. He then went an put his arm around Azam's shoulders and said a few words.

Comment

Afghanistan Zimbabwe starts in the morning. Free Sports from Abu Dhabi. So that's Kev who can watch it.

Comment

Haha, cheers Levin - I had clocked this match but thought it was to be on Sky. That's a bonus.

Don't most people in the UK have this channel? Ch64 on Freeview.
                            Last edited by Kevin S; 01-03-2021, 22:15.

Comment

Khan is out though (injured finger)

Comment

Ah, I didn't have a TV. I rely on TV channels that have streaming.

Comment

Freesports appear to have done a deal for all of Zimbabwe's and (I think) Afghanistan's home fixtures for three years.

Do we know if crowds will be present for the match starting tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                    Ah, I didn't have a TV. I rely on TV channels that have streaming.
                                    https://www.freesportsplayer.tv will work I think, though you'll need to set up a free account (it's the same group as Premier Sports, so there'll be options to pay for the full thing or just have FreeSports).

That's a nice bit of low-hanging fruit they've snagged then Ray de Galles, thanks for finding that.

Comment

They allowed a small number of spectators in boxes for the T10 League, so I would expect at least that, if not the kinds of numbers we are seeing at the PSL and in India

Comment

Is this going to be another two day test?

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                          They allowed a small number of spectators in boxes for the T10 League, so I would expect at least that, if not the kinds of numbers we are seeing at the PSL and in India
                                          No obvious sign of crowds in today, I didn't actually realise it was being played in Abu Dhabi.

Comment

Possibly another 2 day test as Afghanistan are 31 runs behind Zimbabwe still with 3 wickets remaining.

Comment

That all got wrapped up very quickly, had barely had time to see any play over the day and a bit.

Comment

The agony for Australians having to support England against India

Wanting England to win is anathema to everything we’re raised to believe.

The order of favour is ranked by a mix of underdog status and existing rivalry. Ireland, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe, Sri Lanka are in the top bracket for support. West Indies and Pakistan are next, sharing with Australia a strong history but without antipathy. Any of the above would be supported against New Zealand, because New Zealand is just over there and kind of annoying. The Kiwis are backed against India, because India have the money and power. India would be preferred to South Africa, because the contest between Australia and South Africa gets … well, rough. Then comes England. North Korea could start a team. Charles Koch could start a team. Novak Djokovic could join a team. It is anyone, anyone, but England.

After New Zealand’s 2019 World Cup campaign met the boundary countback rule, nobody was more furious about it than Australians. To English complaints about Indian pitches, no one has been more dismissive than Australians, who complained furiously about pitches last time our team toured India. Not that it’s one-way: nobody took more delight in Australia’s sandpaper experiment than some English supporters, and nobody got more querulous in January about Steve Smith marking guard on a Sydney pitch that was hardened to concrete.

For those England supporters, losing one more Test in India may seem a small price to pay. Nobody would want a winning Australian team in town, lording it over everyone (except the English cricketers who are actually Lords). But then, a win for England would mean an Indian tour drawn at 2-2, an achievement that Test captain Joe Root said would be “monumental”. Decisions, decisions.
                                                Last edited by Ray de Galles; 03-03-2021, 14:45.

Comment

The format of the World Test Championship has not been credible. They should just have taken the top two from the ICC rankings, which although imperfect have a larger sample and better balance. On that basis, if I were an Aussie, I'd rather England lost 3-1 than got a better series result in India than Australia have managed since Warne retired. 2-2 would also rub in the fact that Aus have lost 6 of their last 8 series to India home and away, including the last 3.

Comment

It is very hard to have any credible format based on a single final when sides' form is so dependent on conditions and home curators

I would have used the pandemic to scrap this iteration (which I think has reflected badly in the concept), but the ICC will never forego a profit-making opportunity

Comment

Working...
                                                    X