No announcement yet.

At last the Cricket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well this is Liam Livingstone’s chance to really make a name for himself.

Comment

Certainly is. England exactly at the required run rate at the moment, but a fair way to go.
      Last edited by diggedy derek; 28-03-2021, 14:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony C View Post
        Well this is Liam Livingstone’s chance to really make a name for himself.
        I make that a twelve minute gap, are you claiming the wicket?
        Last edited by Ray de Galles; 28-03-2021, 14:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

I make that a twelve minute gap, are you claiming the wicket?
          Blaming myself for it.

Comment

Not so fast. Moeen looks in the mood here and there’s plenty of time left.

Comment

Who's paying you?

Comment

Curran looking threatening.

Comment

No way England are winning this, whatever Cricinfo’s commentary and odds say.

Comment

Less than a hundred needed now and Curran looking good. This is on.

Comment

Originally posted by diggedy derek View Post
                      No way England are winning this, whatever Cricinfo’s commentary and odds say.

Originally posted by Tony C View Post
                      Less than a hundred needed now and Curran looking good. This is on.
                      Is this like having a left-handed/right-handed combination batting so the bowler can't settle?

Comment

It's a bit like having Cook and Pietersen together, they don't see eye to eye, but their record together is formidable.

Comment

That was an extremely tight over from Bhuvi and they need a couple of lusty strikes to keep pace with the chase. Still, England are taking this deep, for what it's worth.

Comment

Well they get one lusty blow, and then a few single to keep Curran on strike. Lot of pressure on Curran, can he do a Stokes-Leach

Comment

Nothing wrong with the run rate required if Wood can stay with Curran.

Comment

Oh, that was a good over.

Comment

This is just nuts, so tense.

Comment

Oof, I thought it was over there, but I click back on and Curran is still going, like the Terminator.

Comment

India have dropped at least 3 sitters according to the Cricinfo commentary; two off Curran, the key man.

Comment

Yep, their fielding has been awful at times today - though a great throw to run out Wood there.

Comment

Curran's innings really would have deserved to win that, he was really physically struggling with the conditions throughout too.

Comment

That was fucking insane. Two great teams playing each other. Pandiya making up for the drop on Stokes with the throw to get Woods out...bloody hell, cricket hey?

Comment

Great effort all told. As ever, top class sport all about fine margins. I think the whole ODI ethos has changed so much over the last decade or so that I still held hope when England were seven down with well over a hundred left. There are no ‘rabbits’ any more in the ODI world, no number 10 or 11 batsmen traipsing miserably to the crease with no real intention of unduly troubling the scorers. Everyone can bat now, you’ve always got a chance, and a good number 8 - as Carlos Brathwaite showed us in the 2016 T20 WC final - is a big front line weapon.
                                              Last edited by Tony C; 28-03-2021, 17:00.

Comment

Two great sides and a fantastic tour in all formats. England very unlucky not to claim at least the ODI series.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                                  Two great sides and a fantastic tour in all formats. England very unlucky not to claim at least the ODI series.
                                                  Straight after India’s brilliant tour of Australia. We’re being spoilt.

Comment

Nice touch that Sam Curran was man of the match

Comment

Working...
                                                    X