No announcement yet.

At last the Cricket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

India v England (4 Tests) runs from Feb 4 to March 7. The congested schedule might force both sides to rotate their seamers, although India might prepare spin-friendly tracks.

Immense performance by England considering that SL won the toss and England were second favourites even after Root's amazing knock. I think they will cause India some problems even if 3-0, 3-1 or 4-0 to India are the most likely outcomes.

West Indies in Bangladesh: very sad that their players are choosing when to turn up for series.
    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 25-01-2021, 12:13.

Comment

Grudging congrats to England. For SL to be skirtled for less than 150 again is pretty poor

Comment

Yes, SL might wonder what might have been. Another 40 runs and it could have been very different.

Comment

Root was the Steve Smith of the series, but credit also to the England attack which took 40 wickets in two Asia Tests and never let SL reach 400 (average was around 250 per innings). Buttler 55 and 46* in this Test also deserves a shout; he batted for nearly 4 hours in the match.

Comment

Just wondering to myself when an international team last bowled opponents out twice with the wickets in one innings being taken all by seamers and in the other all by spinners.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony C View Post
              Just wondering to myself when an international team last bowled opponents out twice with the wickets in one innings being taken all by seamers and in the other all by spinners.
              I think on the cricinfo commentary (or possibly the Guardian) they said it was the first time ever

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post

I think on the cricinfo commentary (or possibly the Guardian) they said it was the first time ever
                Yep, Andy Zaltzman on TMS confirmed it had never happened before.

Comment

Annoyingly the Sri Lanka Cricket YouTube account hasn't put today's highlights up yet. Normally they've been getting them up by about 6pm my time (ie around 3 and a half hours ago)

Comment

Annoyingly the Sri Lanka Cricket YouTube account hasn't put today's highlights up yet. Normally they've been getting them up by about 6pm my time (ie around 3 and a half hours ago)
                    Here are some of today's highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vau3gJTmUw&t=8s

Comment

I didn't realise how big the Moose Cup was. I'd seen some pictures of course but assumed the cricket ball was cricket ball sized.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                        I didn't realise how big the Moose Cup was
                        After those 2 horrible collapses we're praying for rain, dear

Comment

Originally posted by fatbear View Post

Here are some of today's highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vau3gJTmUw&t=8s
                          Thanks Fatbear
                          Luckily the full 25 minute highlight package is up now

In other news, my worry that there would be no test cricket today helping me to procrastinate, has proved ill-founded as South Africa are playing Pakistan in Karachi. At tea on the first day SA are 179/6 having won the toss.

Comment

Just realised that Pak v SA started today. Only seven overs left and 12 wickets have fallen on the first day so far.

South Africa made 220 and the hosts (it's in Karachi) are 19/2 in reply.

Comment

RVDD's run out was a bit daft too:

https://twitter.com/TheRealPCB/status/1353953798084063233?s=20

Comment

Babar Azam gone - and burns a review in the process. Big blow to Pakistan.

26/3.

Comment

Afridi on nightwatch duty.

Comment

Afridi off nightwatch duty. D'oh.

33/4.

Comment

This reflects well on the groundsmen, I think. They prepared a wicket in which both sides posted first innings scores of 340+ with quality batsmen able to score heavily yet something in it for all bowlers. A good test wicket.

Comment

I read that the TV rights for India vs England series are held by Disney and they haven't yet decided to resell to Sky or BT, or put onto their own subscription channel for UK viewers.

The UK rights for Australia vs England next winter are still to be determined.

Comment

Thanks Fatbear
                                          Luckily the full 25 minute highlight package is up now

In other news, my worry that there would be no test cricket today helping me to procrastinate, has proved ill-founded as South Africa are playing Pakistan in Karachi. At tea on the first day SA are 179/6 having won the toss.
                                          Those highlights are not available to viewers in the UK, but we can access the highlights on the Sky channel.

Comment

Good to see SA playing in Pakistan, and their fast bowlers having some success

Comment

Originally posted by fatbear View Post

Those highlights are not available to viewers in the UK, but we can access the highlights on the Sky channel.
                                              And of course Sky highlights are not available outside the UK. The modern world is simultaneously good and rubbish

Comment

https://twitter.com/mykuhl/status/1353859432917032960

Comment

I feel like NZ vs India would be the right series based on how good the teams all appear to be.

Comment

Thanks for the link Ad Hoc.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X