No announcement yet.

At last the Cricket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The burble's less synthetic-sounding and annoying than crowd noises in football but I'd still rather hear it as it actually is (or isn't), as God intended, if you will.

This is gonna be a low-scoring Test, with both sides' bowling looking better than their batting. If England get to 250 that might still be decent. Fine bowling from Gabriel and Roach though

Comment

It may look like hindsight, but that decision to bat first is looking every bit as bad as I thought it did at the time. I'm in the local area, I can go outside and see the grey skies, and feel the moisture in the air. Just an average swing bowler could make the ball sit up and do tricks in this weather - Anderson and Broad would have blown any line-up away in this.

Comment

England should have played it up here, they wouldn't have got on yet today given that it's rained continually since yesterday teatime.

Meanwhile the extended squad for the Ireland ODIs at the end of the month is out. Who are Brydon Carse and Tom Helm?

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
          . Who are Brydon Carse and Tom Helm?
          I came on to post something very similar, except that my two would have been Brydon Carse and Sam Hain! I hate finding out that someone is being even mentioned with regard to being picked for England that I've not heard of, although in mitigation I might have heard of these a year ago and forgotten them since, what with the lack of county cricket.

Comment

The Windies batting is poor and did notably worse against this attack in the warmups than England has.

I wouldn't be worried if my allegiances were reversed.

Comment

Got the telly on with TMS commentary. Liking the "hum". Stokes v Roach is compelling...

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post

I came on to post something very similar, except that my two would have been Brydon Carse and Sam Hain!
                The latter was the band Glenn Danzig formed after leaving Misfits.

Last edited by Ray de Galles; 09-07-2020, 13:26.

Comment

I'm familiar with Sam Hain - ooh, Buttler goes - I saw him knacker his shoulder diving into an advertising hoarding at Headingley a few summers back.

Comment

Holder 6-38; 4-14 in this spell.

Ideal conditions for Anderson to have field day, however.
                    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 09-07-2020, 14:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                      There are also home (rather than neutral) umpires and consequently they are increasing the amount of unsuccessful DRS appeals for each side.
                      West Indies have reviewed excellently - Richard Kettleborough has had three not out LBW decisions overturned. One of those things, or preferring the home team?

Comment

I imagine the umpires suffer from the lack of match practice as much as anyone - I guess it probably takes a bit of time to get your eye in.

Comment

Upon retirement, Holder has a glittering career ahead of him as an umpire.

Comment

Haha, nice idea.

West indies in pursuit of England's 204. Anderson's looking neat and tidy already, it's swinging a bit and 83 mph.

Meanwhile, the first thing they said about Jofra Archer, when he came into bat, that he was "feeling the cold a bit" in his long sleeve jumper, is exactly the sort of stereotyping commentary that needs to change.

Comment

England have bowled just a few more loose balls than WI.

Comment

Another decision overturned on review - Illingworth this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Boobs and FIRE! View Post
                                  Carlos Brathwaite sounds like a drunk Bristolian.
                                  He's come across as having a bit of a Pontypridd accent to me.

I'm very much enjoying his contributions and insight, even in this break for bad light he's been fascinating.

Comment

DD - That comment re Archer feeling the cold to was that TMS or Sky? I've just come out and missed the first couple of England's overs. How many extras have given already?! (I'm now in my local watching it).

Comment

Six extras so far

Another lbw call reversed

Comment

gt3 - Sky.

Anderson finally gets his man. WI are showing good persistence thus far though.

Comment

Is that the first review WI have lost? And the first the umpire has got correct?! *(Campbell's wicket).

Comment

Yes and yes

Comment

I've been watching Sky but with TMS commentary. If you pause the TV you can let TMS catch up so it's I'm sync with the TV.

Comment

I thought we all did that?

Comment

Wow, great tip.

Comment

How late can they keep playing? Still 30 overs left to be bowled officially but is that overruled by a scheduled close? They'd be close to 8pm at current over rates.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X