• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beaten to it...

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
      This help?
      Unfortunately not. Those links are all "not available in your location" (and from the comments this seems to be true for most people. Not clear what "worldwide" means.)

Comment

Ah, having read through tonnes of comments, there is a link on one of those pages that is confusingly titled "Natural Sounds" which works. So I'm in.

Comment

Fake crowd noise on a cricket broadcast. The world is a waste of space.

Comment

The counties have voted to play some kind of red ball county championship, anyone know how the format of that might work in the time available?

Comment

The original plan was to have 3 regional divisions with a semi and then final. I don't know if that's still on.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                Ah, having read through tonnes of comments, there is a link on one of those pages that is confusingly titled "Natural Sounds" which works. So I'm in.
                Yes, that plays even when you switch windows, unlike the YouTube link.

Comment

Right, having had the radio on for three and a half hours, finally the thread title is correct - At last, the cricket!

Comment

Thanks ad hoc and all, I would never have had the patience to find "natural sounds" to be the actual commentary.

Comment

First wicket of the Covid19 era

(and it comes before the first run)

Comment

Sibley bowled by Gabriel. Good ball.

There seems to be not much crowd noise on Sky (which I've got on Now TV). Maybe just the gentlest murmur. But there was no change in sound when he was bowled.

Comment

TMS is the same, a background burble and that's all. After surprising myself by finding that the artificial noise makes the football slightly less unsatisfying, I'm all for it being used on the cricket.

The Black Lives Matter/West Indies flag flying in front of the their dressing room is fantastic, both in design and message.
                          Last edited by Ray de Galles; 08-07-2020, 14:11.

Comment

Just spotted a World Test Championships logo on the umpire's jacket, is that still ongoing or paused?

Comment

The slight drawback with the fake crowd noise on TMS is that it is just the hum - there's no instant crowd reaction so they lack a steer of what's happened before the commentator calls it. No clap for a shot through the covers, no "ooh" as the bowler beats the bat, no groan and mutters of "idiot" as another hapless Middlesex batsman flashes wildly and gets bowled. Though you can tell when it starts to rain when you get the roar of the hover cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                Just spotted a World Test Championships logo on the umpire's jacket, is that still ongoing or paused?
                                Apparently, this is part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                  Did you realise your tweet about that made the Guardian OBO (at 12:33am if you want to check it out)?

Comment

Yeah, I saw it ta. Quite a few people thanked me, as the whole thing was very opaque.

Comment

Carlos Brathwaite sounds like a drunk Bristolian.

Comment

They'll pretty much be able to get the whole amount played into the hour of highlights.

Comment

Surely some questions about the accuracy of DRS, given that the system is showing crowded stands in the background.

Comment

Did anybody else manage to see the Sky interval piece on BLM, with Michael Holding, Ebony Rainford-Brent and Nasser Hussain? It was incredibly moving.

Viewers tuning in to watch England’s first Test of the summer were given an uncompromising alternative to cakes and sixes

Comment

I thought of putting that Holding on air interview in the white supremacy thread. It's remarkable. As is the interval piece.

Gabriel cleans up Denley with another one that nips back.

Holder seems to have a remarkable average these days for someone who bowls so slow. He's so tenacious. Likwise Kemar Roach – he's always been a great bowler, but considering how many injury problems he's had, I'm surprised he averages well under 30. The worst average of the main attack is Shannon Gabriel, who is much more dangerous than that average suggests.

Comment

Can I just say how much I'm enjoying this?

Comment

Burns goes, good bowling. This is a touch attack and still an inexperienced England line-up.

Comment

I'm listening without the added hum as I am in mainland Europe and I definitely prefer the background crowd noise.

Edit : ah, I can get the main commentary with the burble working here too

Burns goes on review.
                                                    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 09-07-2020, 10:43.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X