X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alex Zanardi

Bloody hell:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorsport/53115622

Fingers, toes and everything else crossed that he pulls through (the only good thing you can say about this situation this is that Ale is definitely not a quitter).

Yes everything crossed. He’s had more than his share of terrible luck. I must admit I didn’t know what a great career he’d had post Motorsport.

Comment

It is a terrible story

Zanardi is incredibly popular in Italy and the coverage has been extensive across the media

Comment

Oh no, terrible news! Zanardi was on of the absolute stars of London 2012 and would have been even more lauded had coverage of the Paralympic Road Cycling from Brands Hatch been given the prominence it deserved.

Comment

Another 24 hours of stability, which is quite positive, though he remains sedated, intubated and on a respirator.

There has been a lot of controversy over the road not having been closed, though the volume of cycling races in Italy renders any universal application of that protocol highly problematic.

Comment

I hope he makes it through. You wonder how much bad luck one person can have.

Comment

Slowly being brought out of his coma.

Comment

Fingers crossed.

Comment

I thought the worst when this thread resurfaced, so I'm really glad about this news.

Comment

Yes, I hardly dared to open the thread then so this is better news than I might have hoped for. Fingers crossed.

Comment

He's been discharged from the hospital and transferred to a rehabilitation centre outside of Lecco

Comment

Back in hospital in intensive care after his condition became ‘unstable’. *ulp*

Comment

He's out of intensive care after "significant clinical improvements"

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ale...-improvements/

Comment

Great news.

Comment

Working...
                            X