No shot too sh*t - your view of a sports event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
    Have my photos disappeared from this thread for everyone else or just me?
    I can see them just fine (iPhone SE).

Comment

Ah, they've reappeared for me now.

Comment

Falubaz Zielona Gora v Stal Gorzow in the Ekstraliga. The Derby of the Lubusz Voivodeship, Polish Speedway's fiercest rivalry - not that I need to tell any of you that! Falubaz's W69 stadium is a breathtaking place to watch the sport, even when only 25% full due to Covid restrictions :

Comment

Great photo. Not much social distancing going on, though.

Comment

Also the first time I've ever seen a tifo and organised ultras at Speedway, which illustrates Falubaz's supporters' reputation as the most fanatical fans in the sport. The whole club comes across as Poland's Green Bay Packers and not just because of the yellow & green colours - I've genuinely never seen any sports crowd sporting quite so much club merchandise :

Last edited by Ray de Galles; 13-07-2020, 17:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
              Great photo. Not much social distancing going on, though.
              I know, I started off right in the middle of that section with nobody around me but ended up having to move to a quieter corner where I had three seats either side of me free and nobody in front or behind. It was the VIP starting line section so I think people felt entitled to ignore the stickers showing every fourth seat to be used.

Comment

This was Sparta Wrocław v GKM Grudziądz at Stadion Olimpijski, very impressive again in a different way from W69 :

Last edited by Ray de Galles; 13-07-2020, 17:47.

Comment

I just wish tapes up hadn't been pushed back an hour by a thunderstorm or they would have raced with the sky like this for a backdrop ;

Comment

Great photos Ray.

Comment

Lovely pics RdG.

Just makes me realise how much I'm missing the speedway.

Comment

Thanks both.

Yes Greenlander, it did feel a little bittersweet enjoying the racing so much and not knowing when I'd see the sport again.

To be honest, I might make a trip to Poland to see some more Ekstraliga (or lower levels) before the season ends. The flights, hotels and general expenses were so cheap I'd recommend looking in to it, it's just getting the meeting tickets that is the issue.

Comment

Anthony Joshua on his ring walk before fighting Kubrat Pulev at Wembley Arena last night in front of 1000 fans :

Comment

Working...
                          X