Fed Ex-pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fed Ex-pro

Roger Federer's announced his retirement, according to the twitter.

Ah, bollocks, it's an April Fool's joke!
    Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 02-04-2020, 07:26.

Waste of a great headline as well, and you're not allowed to recycle it when he does call it a day.

Comment

No, having used that one up he'll have to go with 'Roger Over And Out' or simila....ah, crapsticks.

Comment

I do wonder if his plans have been pushed back by a year by this. He will be after the Olympic gold, as he is missing that. No Wimbledon this year as well, which would he surely would want a valedictory appearance at. I can imagine the Laver Cup in September was ringed, and that ring has now been scribbled out.

Comment

Swings and roundabouts: His body has time to recover from some wear and tear but it must also be harder to get back to match fitness as you get older.

Comment

Especially when you have had surgery that will keep you out until 2021. Tokyo once again sounds like a good end point.

Talking of Tennis, it appears Serbia must have mostly escaped from pandemic. Or at least I assume so based on the crowd at today's Adria Tour event in Belgrade. It's a packed house, with pretty well every seat taken. And that isn't every available seat, i.e. every other row is empty but a properly heaving stadium. Such a beast looks really weird when you know it is current footage rather than from the archive. Dominic Thiem and Dusan Lajovic are playing at the moment. Or rather they were - the format, 7-game sets and I assume no ad scoring, means ever a close match such as that was shaping up to be is over in the blink of an eye.

Comment

Working...
            X