• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midget Hockey, Toronto 1972

Comment

Comment

Fantastic

Comment

I started my short pee-wee hockey career around then as well.

Curious to see the kids wearing CHL Oklahoma City Blazers and Tulsa Oilers sweaters.

Comment

Yeah. Remember thinking at the time it was odd, they had random OHL teams mixed in too. I think the sweaters been handed down for several seasons, so any reasoning was lost in the mists of time.

Comment

I'd have been 5, so similar to the kid in the Cooper SK 10 'helmet'. I had that exact one, in black. Then someone lost an eye and my dad had to screw on an eye guard. It was years before we went full cage.

Comment

Are these your kids?

I played ~80-83. It was all full cage then. And Cooperalls were starting to catch on, but I didn’t have those.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                  Are these your kids?
                  No. I was 22 and had only been in North America for about six months. However the youngest son of my partner at the time was playing (though he's not in the those photos.)

Comment

Oh, sorry. I didn’t do the math right.

Comment

Classic stuff. I started playing in the Detroit area in the mid 80s. I was 6. We started playing half ice too. Although we had to wear full face masks all the way up. Even in college hockey now. In the CHL (US Canada 16-20) it just a half Shield.

Although in my beer league team a guy had a pair of Copperalls. I hadn’t seen those since Mite.

Comment

Working...
                      X