No announcement yet.

NFL 2020: the TB (Tom Brady) Buccaneers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jets factoid: the Jets have now picked seven QBs in the first- or second-round since 2000. That's two more than any other team in that period.

Not sure why they traded away Sam Darnold, who didn't really have any protection or help, to take another QB (who most people didn't even think was the second best QB available). Just Jets Things, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
      Interesting pattern of pairing franchise quarterbacks with college teammates: Burrow/Chase, Tua/Smith and now Lawrence/Etienne
      The pronunciation of this last surname is doin ma heed in.

There are already enough initialisms in gridiron, you don't need an NFL RB called ETN!

Comment

It's been more than four years now and I still get mad every fall.

And Jacksonville isn't going to be the kind of place where it is going to change.

For anyone who doesn't know, his family pronounces their surname "EeeTeeEn".

Then again, growing up in Jefferson Davis Parish will leave all kinds of marks.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post

Judging by the brief bit I saw, end of school year length trousers.
          I don't know what that means.

Historically, the goto look is very expensive, brightly colored suits that make these enormous people look even bigger.

Comment

I think he means what we would call "flood" or "high water pants", the idea being that the trousers that accompany a school uniform will be short by the end of a year in which one is growing.

I accept the implication that Saville Row standards of what constitutes a proper break across one's dress shoes are not widely accepted by NFL draftees.

Comment

For anyone who doesn't know, his family pronounces their surname "EeeTeeEn".
              Achane family not to blame!

Comment

On how FFL drives the draft popularity. I think it is the next step for people who get really into Fantasy Football to start to enjoy NFL teams going through the exact process they do - prioritizing and stacking players, checking that how they would build a team aligns to the pros and that they too could be a GM.

Then there are folk like me who watch it to get on twitter and facebook and wind up friends who get all serious about it. There are hundreds of comments on a local group debating whether the Bears pick is good or a failure before he has even got to Chicago (the Bears are probably the life long equivalent of the Jets for QB woes, having never actually had a decent one in their history).

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
                  On how FFL drives the draft popularity. I think it is the next step for people who get really into Fantasy Football to start to enjoy NFL teams going through the exact process they do - prioritizing and stacking players, checking that how they would build a team aligns to the pros and that they too could be a GM.

Then there are folk like me who watch it to get on twitter and facebook and wind up friends who get all serious about it. There are hundreds of comments on a local group debating whether the Bears pick is good or a failure before he has even got to Chicago (the Bears are probably the life long equivalent of the Jets for QB woes, having never actually had a decent one in their history).
                  It's pretty amazing how in-depth some fans get considering that the season is so short. But there isn't really a time during the year where the hardcore NFL fan isn't thinking about their team and if their team's trade to get a 6th round pick two years from now is going to solve the problem of their depth at the middle linebacker position and what their long snapper's recent divorce could mean for the season ahead.

Comment

I think he means what we would call "flood" or "high water pants", the idea being that the trousers that accompany a school uniform will be short by the end of a year in which one is growing.

I accept the implication that Saville Row standards of what constitutes a proper break across one's dress shoes are not widely accepted by NFL draftees.
                    If they're wearing proper shoes at all, and not some garish loafers or plimsolls.

Comment

I'm not sure that brogues really go with a bright purple suit

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post

It's pretty amazing how in-depth some fans get considering that the season is so short. But there isn't really a time during the year where the hardcore NFL fan isn't thinking about their team and if their team's trade to get a 6th round pick two years from now is going to solve the problem of their depth at the middle linebacker position and what their long snapper's recent divorce could mean for the season ahead.
                        While their college football counterparts will be obsessing over a 14 year old running back whose highlights they saw on YouTube and the nefarious stratagems their rivals are using to prise him from their team's grasp.

And there tens of millions of each type of person.

Comment

Maybe there is hope for Travis after all.

https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/status/1388015001819131907

Comment

Amongst players predicted to go either today or tomorrow is someone called Tommy Tremble, who I'm guessing some sides may have dropped on their draft boards solely because of his name.

Comment

His father was a Super Bowl Champion with the Cowboys

Comment

Maybe there is hope for Travis after all.

https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/status/1388015001819131907
                                He played for Penn State and I don’t recall him doing much, TBH, but the Ravens think he could be good. I hope so.

Comment

The Jags are signing Tim Tebow to a one-year deal as a tight end.

https://twitter.com/SortaBad/status/1392148011787030532

Comment

I guess it might keep some of the circus spotlights away from their new quarterback, not sure what else it achieves...

Comment

It's practice squad, it is more free publicity, he will probably get cut anyway.

Comment

I wouldn't say that he's "failed" at every step.
                                        He won a few games in the NFL and made it to double A baseball despite not playing since high school. That puts him in a super elite group in the grand scheme of things.

Comment

Great college player. I hope he can play a few more years in the NFL.
                                          Raiders DE Carl Nassib became the first active NFL player to come out as gay, announcing the news in an Instagram post Monday while pledging $100,000 to the Trevor Project.

Comment

The Raiders always did like to take things to extremes - they now simultaneously employ the league's bravest player (Nassib) and its biggest coward (Richie Incognito).

Given Incognito's inglorious track record of bullying, if Mike Mayock and Jon Gruden are even halfway smart they'll have been in Incognito's ear about this announcement already - warning him that if there's any attempt to mess with Nassib then Incognito will be run off the premises so fast his shoes will leave scorch marks.

Comment

Working...
                                            X