No announcement yet.

NFL 2020: the TB (Tom Brady) Buccaneers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given how hot ant dry it is, having real grass in LA might be irresponsible.

Comment

I think that argument goes out the window when you consider they'll be trucking in real grass all the time for soccer games.

Comment

Also, somewhat surprisingly, the Raiders are playing on grass. Although UNLV will be on turf. I'm guessing it's a Phoenix like situation.

Comment

Yes, there is a tray.

https://www.raiders.com/photos/retra...egiant-stadium

It says something about me that I think of this as a GelreDome Arnhem situation

Comment

Originally posted by Flynnie View Post
            I think that argument goes out the window when you consider they'll be trucking in real grass all the time for soccer games.
            Yeah, well, that's probably not ideal either.

Comment

Was listening to WWL, when A Kamara scored a final TD for the Saints, and by the lack of cheering I figured "wow, the Bucs fans must have left sooner than ever."

Then I remembered.

At least they should set quiet records for home games this year. And when the team really sucks in 10 years, they'll at least have jokes to make about "quarantine-level" crowd noise.

So happy for Cam Newton. God Forbid Me, but I'll cheer for the Pats with him. Hope he can win as many as Brady with that coach and offense.

Comment

Perfectly hypnotic onside kick. Never seen one like it before. I loathe Dallas, but an excellent comeback against a team that knows a little bit about blowing big leads.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcQVZhHHWmk

And it dawned on me that WFC is still WFC, not the redhawks, red wolves, red rebels, red rockers, red rockets, red glare, really red, red rider, red krayola, etc.

Comment

Jeez. That is a *lot* of defensive special teams players that know the rules worse than I do.

Comment

Indeed, I have no love for Dallas whatsoever but even I raised a smile when they recovered that onside kick. I’m also very pleased for Greg the Leg to be the one that secured the win, maybe I’m softening in my old age.

Bills trundle on, hardly convincing in either game which is a worry given how poor the Jets appear to be, albeit Miami don’t look half as bad as last season so will take the win. The lightning delay meant the bulk of the excitement was during the lull between the early and later kick offs so the red zone coverage was much appreciated.

Rams and Raiders to come, you’d expect any team with half a chance to beat them both.

Comment

Originally posted by jason voorhees View Post
                      So happy for Cam Newton. God Forbid Me, but I'll cheer for the Pats with him. Hope he can win as many as Brady with that coach and offense.
                      Russell Wilson sent him back to NE to lick his wounds after the Big v Little QB bowl last night.

Comment

Cam just wanted to help Pete Carroll out by demonstrating that it is in fact hard to score on a run from the one yard line

Comment

Heh!

Comment

Better for the Squawks to win that one than the Raiders using those black seats as camouflage against Breesus. He was throwing straight picks as if he couldn't see the defenders, because those jerseys were like Predator hiding in the trees. A good bet is them going undefeated in that Camodome.

Comment

at least the Saints had some beautiful uniforms

Comment

Aw hell:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/g...er-dies-at-77/

I know he'd been ill for a while, but that's a damn shame.

Comment

Yeah, this one is very hard.

For me, the best back in NFL history discussion starts with Jim Brown and Gale Sayers, and it is pretty much impossible to compare them given the profound difference in styles and skills.

Comment

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1308793001213394944

Comment

All those wasted years when he could have done that to Phil Rivers...

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post

For me, the best back in NFL history discussion starts with Jim Brown and Gale Sayers, and it is pretty much impossible to compare them given the profound difference in styles and skills.
                                        When Walter Payton was asked if he was the greatest NFL running back of all time, he famously answered "I'm not even sure I'm the best Bears running back of all time"

Comment

Gorgeous.

My first Superbowl was Eagles 10:27 Raiders, and I missed most of Sweetness's career, and my only memory of him playing was singing the Superbowl Shuffle...but what a gorgeous thing to say.

I am on a 1980s NFL facebook group, so I saw Payton running the Wildcat offense back in 1985. That was quite cool. During the quarantine, it's neat being able to see games I couldn't see pre-1998.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post

You clearly didn't watch the Lions in the 90's.

Comment

Billy Casper Good call -- gotta also mention another Lion, from the 80s, who could have been in the all-time great crowd but was cut short by injuries:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4Nd6TkXXwU
                                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0O7973Ew8A (karate kick spectacular)

Same initials and uniform number as Sanders.

Sweetness is still my favorite.

Comment

of the RBs from my lifetime that I watched, I'd have to go Barry Sanders.

Comment

I'll always remember, the first time I truly laughed at an absolutely inappropriate joke about a person's appearance, was at Thanksgiving dinner when Uncle Tony looked at Eric Hipple getting interviewed after the Lions T-giving game and yelled "now that guy looks like Bugs Bunny!"

It's just weird how the Lions don't have great seasons, they have great mirages.

Comment

The Bills Rams game was fun. Seahawks showing why they won't be looking at the SB by huffing and puffing against a game but pretty limited Cowboys.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X