NFL 2020: the TB (Tom Brady) Buccaneers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NFL 2020: the TB (Tom Brady) Buccaneers

Might as well start a thread now since news is breaking that Tom Brady will be signing with Tampa Bay.

I haven’t really followed it, but why Tampa Bay?

Comment

No clue, I don't know if was just the $30 million, or what. I would have expected the Chargers or Raiders if he had left. I'm not a Pats or a Brady fan, but I was hoping he would have stayed there until retirement. It's none of my business and he obviously thinks he still has time left, but I am one of those people that thinks it's cool when one player stays with the same team for their whole career, especially if the alternative is one or two seasons with some random team.

Comment

Were all his options guaranteeing him a starter role?

Comment

I would have to assume so.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
            No clue, I don't know if was just the $30 million, or what. I would have expected the Chargers or Raiders if he had left. I'm not a Pats or a Brady fan, but I was hoping he would have stayed there until retirement. It's none of my business and he obviously thinks he still has time left, but I am one of those people that thinks it's cool when one player stays with the same team for their whole career, especially if the alternative is one or two seasons with some random team.
            Agreed.

Comment

The thought seems to be that the Bucs offered him the best supporting cast (in terms of receivers and offensive line) of any of those three teams,

Comment

I’m thinking Joe Montana with the Kansas City Chiefs.

Comment

ESPN said he also likes Bruce Arians, the coach. The Bucs OL gave up a lot of sacks last year.

Comment

That would be better than Michael Jordan as a Washington Bullet

Comment

Originally posted by Cal Alamein View Post
                      I’m thinking Joe Montana with the Kansas City Chiefs.
                      Yeah. That was fairly successful, as I recall.

Comment

He didn’t suck, but it wasn’t the Joe Montana old.

Comment

But it wasn't Namath with the Rams, either

One has to be realistic here

Comment

Originally posted by Cal Alamein View Post
                            He didn’t suck, but it wasn’t the Joe Montana old.
                            Right. But they won a playoff game or two, as I recall.

Does he think he can win a Super Bowl with Tampa Bay? Because if not, then I don’t see why he’d want to go there. Then again, maybe he doesn’t think the Pats can contend in the next two years.

Comment

Not a fan of Brady. But probably the best QB of all time. Agree he should have retired while somewhat on top.

edit: Yeesh- I remember all the hoopla of Joe Willie going to LA, not good.
                              Last edited by Cal Alamein; 18-03-2020, 03:15.

Comment

Montana was pretty good in KC. Favre's first year with the Vikings was phenomenal, that's also gotta be what the Bucs are hoping for.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                  The thought seems to be that the Bucs offered him the best supporting cast (in terms of receivers and offensive line) of any of those three teams,
                                  It's surprising to think about, but on paper the Bucs have better receivers at this point than the Patriots do.

Gronk's retirement hurt a lot to the Patriots and Brady. I have to wonder how much longer Belichick stays around for.

Comment

I like the Patriots more than most, but a few 6-10 seasons might be fun to watch the bandwagoners flee.

Comment

The last 20+ years of watching America’s Team has been great fun.

Comment

https://twitter.com/AaronNagler/status/1240353182578028544

Comment

That's a good move. Praying that the NBA does something similar, but what I would most want is an archive of NBA Inside Stuff from the 1990s, which I don't think is available.

Comment

See also This Week in Baseball from the 70s and 80s

Comment

I’m good with any of the Sabol produced NFL highlight packages from the 70s

https://youtu.be/wSY5c0t0WoQ

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                See also This Week in Baseball from the 70s and 80s
                                                Oh yes. Loved that as a kid when I was super in to baseball.

Comment

Also, now that we're talking about all sorts of sports highlight nostalgia, Amazon Prime (in the US, at least) has all (or at least a whole lot) of "each goal of the World Cup" videos and the official World Cup films.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X