X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s too bad, but it makes sense.

Comment

Inevitable once the federal bailout didn't work out

Their financial model just doesn't work for empty stadia (or highly restrictive capacities) and the climate doesn't afford enough time to get beyond that.

Will be interesting to see what happens in 2020 and whether some of the Western provinces come up with some funds (as Quebec did for Cirque du Soleil)

Comment

I guess so. Though the league's still a strong TV draw, in comparison to MLS say, but that's probably not enough

Comment

I don't think the TSN contract is anywhere close to enough to run the league (and that ESPN adds virtually nothing down here) And TSN are.hurng themselves.

The contractual issues (player, sponsor, media, stadia, etc) are not simple

Comment

https://twitter.com/dcsportsbog/status/1298635021385895936

Comment

I don’t know if the Post has ever been quite so blunt about Snyder before. But, as Jenkins explains, until recently, all anyone knew for sure was that he was a bad manager who helped the other owners by making them look good by comparison. This latest pile of shit is a drag on the whole league.

Comment

Whilst not from Buffalo and only supporting the Bills from a distance, the Pegulas have the goodwill from winning an auction for the Bills where the other bidders were Donald Trump and Jon Bon Jovi.

Comment

The world would be better if Trump has won that and just decided to ruin the NFL rather than everything.

Comment

Sad but true

Comment

There’s talk that Bezos might want to buy the Washington FT.

Comment

I really really want the name to stay as Washington Football Team, or as HP puts it, Washington FT.

Comment

Maybe it could me the DMVFT

Comment

Originally posted by Cal Alamein View Post
                            I really really want the name to stay as Washington Football Team, or as HP puts it, Washington FT.
                            I quite like Washington Football Team as well, but I think it'll be Redwolves. There's a lot of social media buzz for that name.

Comment

The Red Wolf is essentially extinct in the wild thanks to deliberate species destruction and general ecocide. What a perfect symbol for Washington.

Comment

TOMpa Bay is quite the hilarity.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                                  The world would be better if Trump has won that and just decided to ruin the NFL rather than everything.
                                  It's why I loved seeing Dumbya at Rangers games when they went to the World Series. I just imagined he was owner the whole time and didn't destroy so many jobs and lives along the way.

Comment

A few exciting matches kicked-off Redzone for the season, although I'm going to have to skip the late evening games to allow my sight to recover after glimpsing the Chargers' new trousers.

Comment

This new stadium in Inglewood is very Ozymandian

Comment

Awful looking ram uniforms and helmet logo. The horn on the helmet is separated and the jersey #s have like a wax outline around them.

Comment

The uniforms are supposed to be "the actual color of a ram's horn", but instead look dingy, as if they were laundered in the bargain brand detergent one is suppose to avoid.

I just don't believe the stadium cost USD 5 billion

Comment

I know that candlestick Park at one time was Astroturf, but still odd to see a California professional sports stadium without natural grass.

Comment

That reminds me of the (quite possibly mythical) quote from a gridiron player who, on being asked if he preferred grass or Astroturf replied "I don't know, I've never smoked Astroturf."

Comment

Uncle Ethan Not a gridiron player, but a flakey baseball player, Tug McGraw, he of the Mets and Phillies.

They've actually done some serious investigation of the quote: https://quoteinvestigator.com/2011/0...oke-astroturf/

Comment

From s. aureus' home town paper and in reference to Candlestick, no less

Comment

I don't know, I liked the Rams uniforms seeing them in action.

Not as good as the new Chargers uniforms, through.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X