Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
    ESPN:
    The Padres keep acquiring catchers. Unless every pitcher is going to have their own catcher I don't think they need any more.
    With Yu that is pretty much exactly the deal.

Comment

ARGH. Refresh time! Anyway - if you look on twitter, Yu writes poems about Caratini. I would say it is really freaking weird, Cubs fans think it is beautiful.

Cubs fans also think steak on steak on steak, 365 days a year is beautiful.

Comment

Kim can play, btw

Comment

That is a bit weird, Caja.

I'm sligjtly apprehensive at the super-group feel to the Padres now. Could easily end up as a team less than the sum of it's parts. Hopefully they'll integrate fast.

Comment

The best teams have a core and then add to that core. The Dodgers were hyper-injected in the same way the Padres were about 6-8 years ago and that was enough for the Dodgers to start winning to keep the fans happy and vide time for the kids to develop. When those players were ready, they were complemented by hungry castoffs and free agents that have not been big ego guys. That move worked because there was a foundation. It's hard to tell with the Padres because their farm system has been flush and highly rated but I don't know how much they've gained from that system yet outside of Tatis. Meyers, Hosmer, Pham, Manny all came via trades or free agency.

Comment

we need a new thread looking forward rather than back but I don't feel qualified to start one

Comment

Working...
              X