X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is something that all of the past Series have in common

https://twitter.com/SNstats/status/1320575289299226626

Comment

They broke down that steal on MLB Tonight. Kiermaier bolted out of the box. Had he stayed there, Kershaw's throw would not have made it to Barnes. He needed to stay put, but after seeing the press conference with Cash, that was not a planned play. Margot just went for it.

Dodgers, on the other hand, have practiced that because Kershaw's pitch from the stretch completely blocks his view of anyone on third. The game probably is very different if Kiermaier stays put in the box since that's the kind of play that often sends Kershaw into a tailspin.

Comment

It is virtually impossible for the batter to stay in there unless he knows he has to. It violates all baseball instincts. If the pitch/throw was three inches higher, Margot is safe.

I thought the chance of a tailspin was high even though it failed, but the next inning was his strongest of the night.

Gonsolin to start Game Six. Nice to know that you have Buehler if that doesn't work.

Comment

I posted above that I expected Gonsolin -> May in Game 6. That won't happen, I assume. But credit to Roberts for prepping May tonight. He was way better. As I noted in that post, if he uses proper sports psychology, he'll talk from the get-go that Gonsolin is the starter rather than talking about a bullpen game. Then I assume it will be Gonsolin for as long as he is good but not much longer than 5 or 6 since that's Gonsolin's normal range. Then I assume Wood will come in, which frightens me. But with some rest, the plan could be Gonsolin, Wood only if Gonsolin falters early, then the usual suspects. I know I'm giving Roberts too much credit and blame but if he approach Gonsolin properly, the Dodgers could do it in 6. But I doubt that will happen and then I'll be hoping for a Schilling/Johnson situation with Dbacks: Dodgers will win with Kershaw/Buehler. Obviously, Urias deserved a much better fate, but baseball can be a heart breaker.
          Last edited by danielmak; 26-10-2020, 06:07.

Comment

Didn't watch last night, just checking updates on Twitter was stressful enough. I'll be ignoring Game 6 as well especially because I expect that to be far more difficult than the last game. I wouldn't have been surprised to see the team fall apart after the end of Game 4. I think they win Tuesday night.

Very happy for Kershaw to do all that was asked for him, and to do it in Texas as well.

Comment

Roberts is not a.tall man, but the leash he has on Gonsolin isn't long enough for his feet to touch the ground.

Comment

Snell gives up his 2nd hit, 79 pitches thrown, 9 K's - sure, yank him.

Comment

(Sigh) 9th inning, here we go

Comment

Roberts should being in Kenly to make it interesting
                    Last edited by ursus arctos; 28-10-2020, 03:39.

Comment

FUCK YES! FIREWORKS IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD

Comment

Not a bad year, Inca. Not a bad year at all

And perfect that a Mexican closes it out

Congrats to danielmak as well

You've deserved this for a while

Comment

I‘m happy they did it while Vin is still with us

Comment

It feels like a lifetime and in some sense it has been. I thought for sure this was headed to 7. Snell was dealing. What a shift when he came out. And the pen for the Dodgers was just lights out. Wood, especially shocked me. I was praying this guy was off the roster and he came in and dealt.

One moment of joy amidst this absolutely fucked up 2020.

BTW, I don't know what they're doing in Texas but that stadium looked packed after final out. I assume they've upped the ticket sales for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                              I‘m happy they did it while Vin is still with us
                              This is an excellent point

Comment

Impressed that Urias got the chance to finish that. Brilliant pitching performance.

Congrats Inca and DM!

Comment

In an absolute WTF, Justin Turner came out of the game because of a positive COVID test

Comment

The pitches for the second and third outs were worthy of a Diego Rivera mural

Comment

That is nuts about JT. I don't know how someone tests positive in a bubble if they've stayed in the bubble. I'm guessing it will be a false positive. But it sucks either way (actual positive and there's health concerns or false positive and missing all of this).

I have blasted Roberts a lot in 2017, a little in 2018 (Red Sox were so good that year), and in 2019. But I think other than his handling of Gonsolin/May, he pushed the right buttons. And even tonight he had the right plan for Gonsolin just didn't have his in-season stuff. This plan tonight was not one that Roberts would have used in the past. We would have seen Kershaw at some point, Kenley for multiple innings, and Joe Kelley. Kelley has been nowhere these past few games, as it should be. Roberts didn't narrow to a trusted 2 and instead found 5 or 6 guys who could do the job and not wear out.

Comment

https://twitter.com/jeffpassan/status/1321303445136171008

Comment

So Turner got back on the field and was taking photos with the team, mostly without a mask. I don’t know what they were thinking.

Comment

It gets worse

https://twitter.com/craigcalcaterra/status/1321320802017529857

Comment

It’s infuriating.

Comment

https://twitter.com/BillShaikin/status/1321324229363576833

Comment

Going to bed on a happy note

https://twitter.com/stellarstuffs/status/1321322232744869888

Comment

Hope you're enjoying the win danielmak Incandenza and any other Dodgers fans

Comment

Working...
                                                    X