No announcement yet.

MLB 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calcaterra suggests the upside of there being a real possibility that the Panda will pitch at least one inning

Comment

I got distracted by an email. I was all set to come on and say: Now, Urias better not walk the first batter. And he goes on to walk 2. But the first inning has been the toughest for him. Hopefully he cruises and the Dodgers keep hitting. Don't even need any more home runs, just want gap to gap hitting so the bats are fresh.

Snitcker made the right choice in that inning. Couldn't go to a third pitcher in the first inning. Now he just needs to see if they can bang away at Urias. I really felt like that comeback last night was huge. Cliff Floyd said on MLB Now that the Braves should have gone with Malancan in the 9th to squash any more runs and cool the bats.

Ans as I type this: one more HR. 12-0

Comment

I'm amused with Smoltz having to watch this and try to be composed.

Comment

Sorry if I posted this one already, I know I texted it to some friends. If Rays can finish the Astros, which should happen, and Dodgers can come back from this deficit, then we're gonna see a double in professional sports Tampa with NHL title and Lakers with NBA title.

Also, I'm just catching up on the posts from earlier today. I have no idea why multi-million dollar athletes go to strip clubs in the first place. They have the money to hire strippers to come to them. Or if they want the full vibe (lights, music, rotating women) then they need to go to higher end clubs where nobody's getting stabbed, shot, where fights break out.

Comment

And your perennial Rays-Dodgers WS prediction will come true!

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
              And your perennial Rays-Dodgers WS prediction will come true!
              Haha. I can't remember who I picked to lose to the Dodgers in 2019. This year I started with Dodgers over Astros and then when the brackets came out I do have Dodgers over Rays.

Both teams have rotated a lot of bench players into the game, which makes sense. From a Dodgers perspective (given a lot of our conversations in this thread about the stupidity of unwritten rules), it says that Atlanta should be less likely to come back from a 14-run deficit. I am hoping that Urias can keep rolling. I would love to see him go 8 since 9 isn't likely. Eight is even a dream since he's already 83 pitches.

Comment

I still don't trust Kenley but he did start the season very well so I wonder if he was tired as the season ran down. He's had some rest, so we'll see.

Joel Sherman said during a discussion on MLB Now today that compared Yankees to Rays that Rays would never stand for a catcher as poor as Sanchez or a closer as erratic as Chapman. I feel like the Dodgers are finally making that Rays-like move with Kenley. Granted, there hasn't been a save situation since that last game against the Padres when Jansen melted down.

Comment

There we go. I guess a mercy rule would have worked and the game could have stopped after 3. Michael Kay would say an unmanageable 4 hours and 15 minutes. Obviously a big win because 3-0 and the series is over. But also good to see the bats heat up. Normally the stranded runners later would drive me nuts but I get that all the substitutions, as I posted above, meant the game was played with a different urgency.

Comment

Meanwhile Astros are up 4-2 in top 6 but Rays have bases loaded with two outs.

Comment

Adames just misses a home run that would have tied it in the 9th. He moves to third on a wild pitch and then is stranded. Basically a reverse of the past couple days but this time Astros hang on by a run. I saw a stat last night that a large percentage of teams that go up 3-0 win in the fourth game, next most is fifth game, rare that the series goes six or seven. Rays should close out tomorrow in what I assume is a bullpen game for both teams.

Comment

Rays hitting woes continue. Currently 3-2 Astros in the bottom 7th (Astros home team). Realistically, Astros aren't hitting either. They seem to hit a lot of hard balls to perfectly place Rays defense. I'd like see Tampa finish this tonight otherwise doubt might creep in.

Dodgers-Atlanta start soon. I'll be curious to see how Kershaw pitches and if Dodgers bats are still hot.

Comment

Choi just crushed a ball to right

Tie game

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1316893903308705795
                          Last edited by ursus arctos; 16-10-2020, 00:10.

Comment

Winds are blasting in Texas. They really should have the roof closed, but I assume it is open because there are people in attendance and the open roof helps with COVID.

Comment

Correa walks it off for Houston

Comment

I had thought that keeping the roof open in the absence of inclement weather as a condition of allowing fans in Arlington, but can't find any support for that.

Comment

Memo to MLB: there are other ways to score runs

Comment

Yeah, I'm just speculating about the roof deal. Certainly, CDC had said that summer should help (though I don't know if that is true) and were warning against second wave in Winter.

Dodgers trying to mash their way back into a hitting slump and a 3-1 deficit. Line to line gets the job done. I know the pitcher has other plans, but last night the home runs tended to follow hits. Hits unnerve a pitcher because their are men on base.

Comment

A guy named Bryse was fated to pitch for the Braves

Comment

Kershaw and Roberts are going to sink or swim together. In that game against the Padres, Kershaw's MPH dropped in the 5th and even more in the 6th. Reporters asked Roberts and he said he didn't know that. Tonight, it was clear that the the pitches were off against Acuna. Yes, he got on because of an error. But that kind of play has been the undoing of Kershaw in the playoffs. I texted my friend. Send out Prior to slow the game down and get the pen going. Roberts does nothing. Double by Freeman. Finally action in the pen. Another double. One batter too late. Had to slow down the inning and get Kershaw out after Freeman's double.

Comment

Kershaw gone

I'm not convinced that any of the Braves' have ever stirred an actual pot.

Comment

Tar pits be burnin'

Comment

Haha.

I am convinced that while the Dodgers try to mash, Braves just go line to line and should have the series won.

It's crazy to think that a pitcher with Kershaw's skill and record has me feeling worried every time he starts in a playoff game. Again, to repeat my post above, Kershaw constantly exposes Roberts' inability to slow down a game when the game needs to be slowed down. I know that Graterol just gave up a bunch of runs as well, but I feel like the baseball gods would have provided a different outcome had Roberts managed the situation. Haha.

Comment

Hard to win games line to line when you give up 11 runs in the top of the first.

Comment

I mean line to line hitting. The Braves scored 1 run from a blast in this game. All the others were line drives sprayed all over the field.

Comment

The only plus side about tonight is the bullpen was equal opportunity garbage. Had only a couple guys faltered, Roberts would revert back to Brandon Morrow mach II.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X