Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's really too bad.

Comment

Gosolin has been great this season, but he had a 5 or 6 inning sim game on Saturday. That seriously limits his effective innings I would assume. Starting to empathize with Padres fans with this starting pitching situation. Haha. I wish Roberts would quit using May in relief. He is really needed as a starter. There is no way Beuhler or Kershaw will be able to go on short rest.

I don't know if Hinch speaks Spanish, but that's a good point. There were obviously Spanish speakers playing for the Astros but most also spoke English. I'd assume that Cora might be the top target. Reinsdorf wouldn't care. He was a leader among owners at various points with lockouts and then he was quick to sign Albert Belle to a massive deal.

Comment

Dodger fans every postseason

Comment

Why couldn’t you have done this in the previous series?

Comment

Dodgers bats are ice cold. And that's putting way too much pressure on the pitchers. This game is done, but I'd like to see the bats heat up for tomorrow+. I am going to save myself the agony and jump the Rays-Astros for a bit.

Comment

Well, you got your wish

90 feet short

Comment

Yeah, very close. Some of those bullpen runs came back to hurt. But hopefully the bats are ready and 2-0 will become 2-2 quick. Starting pitching is a concern. Kershaw probably out to game 5 if it gets that far. May keeps getting used in the pen. Urias has been horrible in the first inning and great after that. I think he's slated to go tomorrow, so hopefully Roberts uses an opener.

Comment

Glad I stopped watching long earlier and didn't subject myself to the hope of that 9th inning.

Comment

Meanwhile the Rays causing heart attacks throughout the Tampa area. They are up 5-2 but Astros had bases loaded with one out in the bottom of the 8th. Rays escape. If they can hold on, they are one game away from the WS.

Comment

Third straight game Houston has the tying or winning run on base in the ninth

Third straight game they lose

Comment

More traffic bottom 9, 2 on with one out but the Ray escape. Only one team has come back from 3-0 deficit in AL Championship was 2004 Red Sox. Hopefully cheating Astros don't have it in them.

Comment

Rays seemed like they were trying to piss that away. But now I think they’ll win the series. I mean, anything is possible, but statistically, they are very likely to win the AL.

Comment

Padre outfielder Tommy Pham got stabbed outside a strip club last night. He's doing OK, apparently.

Comment

Yeah, I was going to post that on the WTF thread. Jesus.

Comment

12 inch scar

5 inches deep

Comment

I know that covid infection rates are low in California (5th lowest in the country), but it still seems weird that anyone's going to strip clubs right now, even baseball players at the end of their season. The place it happened is pretty much the last haven of scuzziness near the coast in San Diego

On a separate note, I enjoyed yesterdays 9th inning, but I feel like I've read somewhere that I shouldn't be supporting the Braves. I know I don't want the Dodgers or Astros to win, for differing reasons, but I don't actually know why I'm meant to object to Atlanta.

Comment

The racist chant, moving to a different, whiter county outside of Atlanta because of a supposed lack of public transportation, in recent years being the most insufferable about playing "the right way" and being the keeper of the unspoken rules of baseball.

Comment

All of that.

An Astros-Braves final would be the cherry on the shit sundae.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                        I know that covid infection rates are low in California (5th lowest in the country), but it still seems weird that anyone's going to strip clubs right now, even baseball players at the end of their season. The place it happened is pretty much the last haven of scuzziness near the coast in San Diego.
                                        As Mrs Thistle said, you have to question certain choices that got him to the point where he was stabbed outside a strip club at 2am. (She wasn't hugely sympathetic but said it's good he didn't die.)

Comment

Yeah, the whole thing suggests he might have some difficult personal issues to deal with. I hope this helps him see that and he can get on top of them.

Comment

Now this I like

Comment

This is going to finish with a cricket score.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                                                Now this I like
                                                this was before the grand slam

Comment

I should add that I didn't see any of that because I saw that Betts scored before I was able to get the game on the TV, so being superstitious I decided I couldn't watch.

Comment

11 runs is already well above the lowest ever first class cricket score

Comment

Working...
                                                    X