federation cup Slovakia v England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

federation cup Slovakia v England

Can't find a relevant thread for this but i just wanted to let everyone know that the deciding rubber is on the red button. Heather Watson won earlier to pull it back to two one. Now dart has to win this match to take it to the doubles. Currently four all in the first set. Both players have had a break of serve. A really good match so far.

Schmiedlova wins the first set 7-5.

Comment

And she wins the second set, the match and Slovakia win the tie. Doubles still to come but they might not bother with them now.

Comment

Ahem, Slovakia vs Britain.

Heather Watson is a Channel Islander.

Comment

Disappointing. BBC website had some highlights footage of the best shots from Dart v Kuzmova, some very good shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
            Ahem, Slovakia vs Britain.

Heather Watson is a Channel Islander.
            Can't seem to amend the thread title. Apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by Evariste Euler Gauss View Post
              Disappointing. BBC website had some highlights footage of the best shots from Dart v Kuzmova, some very good shots.
              Dart's got some good shots - her backhand in particular and she uses the drop shot to good effect too - but with Konta not wanting to participate and Katie Boulter injured, this weekend was always going to be a big ask for GB. Shame as they did so well to get the world group and now they face a relegation play-off in April. There will be a draw some time this week to determine who they face.
              Last edited by Jon; 09-02-2020, 20:20.

Comment

Kuzmova vs Dart on Friday was brilliant, both of them gave everything and produced some wonderful winners. Slovak TV interviewed Kuzmova on court immediately afterwards, and she could barely stand. She was also too ill/knackered to attend the press-conference later.

I thought of going for the Saturday. Perhaps I should have done, as I've never attended professional tennis live. But there was Slovakia vs Russia in ice-hockey as well, which felt a bit more appealing.

Comment

Working...
                X