Going OTT - F1 and Motorsport 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brilliant stuff.

Russell was outstanding. I love the way he goofed up the warmup lap only to completely boss the start of the race, just to reel Verstappen in. As much as Mercedes f'd up the pit stops, they were even faster with their pits than ever. Red Bull level. Russell nailed the start, the restarts, the pit stops...and I've never seen 2.4 pit stops with Lewis. I'd say just pay Bottas the year's salary and get Russell in there and Checo with Verstappen next year. Hell, start a crowdfund and see if us pissants pay for it.

I would hope Swamplands Crap Energy Drink (ok, that's a team that imp hates) put Albon out of his misery. Put that wily Checo in there and have some m'f'n fun races. Come on now. The poor kid knows it's over. Can't even give an interview without looking like he's giving them in his Superman underoos.

But LAWD. Sergio Perez gets hit in a crash....a week after the worst crash in years....in last place....and that BADASS MOTHERFUCKER finishes 1st.

Comment

Fair dos to Bottas though, everyone said before the weekend that he had to beat Russell and he did that, and ... erm .... erm .... yeah, perhaps best we leave his performance there.

Comment

Didn't see the whole race but really happy for Checo and hope he gets a drive for next season. Russell was every bit as good as I expected him to be, possibly better given the discomfort of not fitting into the car properly.

In other motorsport news, the heavily truncated WRC season finished today in Monza - I won't drop any spoilers but it was certainly a challenging event despite the largely Mickey Mouse nature of the stages.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg9lb5rMVbA

Once I turned right...and there as NO ONE there. I pulled out....and there was SOMEONE there.

(I wonder if Death's name being "Benoit" is due to "Chris Benoit.")

"I open my eyes....It's all orange...and that is strange....A few things...Is it sunset? No it's not sunset. Is it the lights from the circuts? No, also the tearoff - it starts to melt. Oh, it's fire."

Comment

Did Ted K just say Red Bull will sign Checo Perez to a 1-year deal and make Albon a reserve driver?

Comment

Originally posted by jason voorhees View Post
              Did Ted K just say Red Bull will sign Checo Perez to a 1-year deal and make Albon a reserve driver?
              This news has just been confirmed. Perez takes the seat.

Comment

I'm sorry for Albon who was always going to struggle to make an impression against someone as gifted as Max. But having said that, I'm delighted for Checo who really deserves a seat for next year - and not just any seat, a seat that should give him a shot at more race wins.

In other motorsport news, WRC Sweden has been cancelled, Monte Carlo looks doubtful and the Arctic Rally has been rumoured as a possibly replacement for Sweden, which would be awesome. Oh, and Toyota have appointed Jari-Matti Latvala as new team principal after removing Tommi Makinen from the role a few weeks ago. That's a bit of a strange one for me.

Comment

I wouldn't get too comfortable if I was Checo; if Yuki Tsunoda is half as good as the hype then he'll be parachuted into the seat for 2022.

Comment

I mean, if there's one person in the world who earned every microscopic piece of synthetic leather of that seat who would NEVER get comfortable...

Comment

Working...
                    X