Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. Just wow.

Comment

Need a lie down after that. Even as a neutral that was exhausting.

Comment

What a finish. Unbelievable.

Comment

I'm in pieces. The last play, Leuluai sitting in despair, Graham and O'Loughlin embracing at the end. I love this sport. All of that happening in front of 70,000 would have been too much to bear.

Comment

One inch and he was offside, one inch and his foot was over the dead ball line. Unbelievable. A brutal game and thoroughly enjoyable.

Comment

As much as I liked the narrative around Graham and O'Loughlin I loved it even more that a 19 year old kid just following his instincts landed the winning try.

Comment

I love games like this. Every yard had to be hard earned.

Comment

Just seen.the BBC highlights of the Grand Final. Brian Noble said it was the best game he'd seen in a decade. No argument here.

Comment

And now Halifax RLFC have become the Halifax Panthers. After the shambles of the Blue Sox the poor fans have to endure another daft gimmick. I'm so apoplectic that I need to go for a lie down in a dark room.

Comment

That 'Blue Sox' thing was an embarrassment, as indeed was that whole Americanised rebranding idea.

Comment

Christ, hadn't seen that.

I think I'm right in saying the first traditional club to rebrand was Huddersfield when they added "Barracudas" and renamed Fartown "Arena 84"?

Comment

Probably. I had it in mind that the Fulham/London Crusaders rebrand was around the same time but it turned out to be a few years later.

Comment

Not a rebrand, but Rochdale have been the Hornets since 1871 when various local clubs came together to form a senior club for the town. If Wikipedia is to be believed, Rochdale Butterflies was one of the other names considered.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony C View Post
                              Probably. I had it in mind that the Fulham/London Crusaders rebrand was around the same time but it turned out to be a few years later.
                              I was keeping the "expansion" clubs out of the equation - Cardiff Blue Dragons joined at the same time as Carlisle (and a year after Fulham) but that had some logic to it, as did the short-lived Kent Invicta, but after that it was open season. Mansfield Marksman was at least sponsorship driven, as was (I think) Scarborough Pirates.

My own club Carlisle adopted "Border Raiders" towards the end of their existence, and then merged with Barrow leaving them as Barrow Border Raiders. Barrow is a long way from the border, but I suppose it made relatively more sense than the "Braves" they were operating as prior to that. They dropped the middle name after a few years anyway.

Comment

Marksman lager. A reverse Madeleine moment...

Comment

I was having a conversation about Barrow RL a week or two ago and was reminded how they recruited Rod Reddy as coach in the late 80's which must have been quite a coup at the time.

Comment

SL stat of the day.

Comment

Just watching the 'Once Were Lions' documentary about the GB tour to Tonga/NZ in 2019 currently on iplayer. Really intetesting behind the scenes stuff - not least the idea coming through that Wayne Bennett must be the least inspiring man manager imaginable for a tough tour.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony C View Post
                                        Just watching the 'Once Were Lions' documentary about the GB tour to Tonga/NZ in 2019 currently on iplayer. Really intetesting behind the scenes stuff - not least the idea coming through that Wayne Bennett must be the least inspiring man manager imaginable for a tough tour.
                                        Keep meaning to watch that, thanks for the reminder.

Comment

My new team is Transcarpathia Trinity.

I hope they hate Kyiv Rhinos like they should do. Big city moneybags Kyiv...

https://www.wakefieldexpress.co.uk/s...e-clubs-717874

Comment

Working...
                                          X