No announcement yet.

Rugby 2020: No Gatland or Schmidt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

French reports of the cancellation have reminded that Fiji is plural in French

Comment

Fiji return 29 positive tests and now their game with Italy is off too. Their participation was one of the major pluses of this tournament so this news is doubly annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
        Fiji return 29 positive tests and now their game with Italy is off too. Their participation was one of the major pluses of this tournament so this news is doubly annoying.
        I cannot see them playing their final match either, 7 to 29 is a huge jump.

A little more on it here:

Autumn Nations Cup: Fiji-Italy match called off after more coronavirus cases - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/54980939

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...droidApp_Other

Documentary available on Amazon Prime about the exploitation of the Pacific Islands rugby teams.

Comment

Thanks AE. That looks like vital, if anger-inducing, viewing.

Comment

The Botham pick makes a little more sense now as the two Dragons backrowers are isolating and couldn't be picked; Baisham and Griffiths.

Comment

Oh, of course. All the Dragons squad that didn't get an initial international call up will end up as being out of action for all of November, won't they?

Thomas Young would be the obvious other candidate but he is now ineligible having signed a new contract with Franchise RFC, despite not being offered one by a Welsh region.

Comment

Which makes no sense as he's a real Pivac style player.

Comment

James Botham is another Sedbergh School graduate. It has an imoressive record of producing international rugby players.

Comment

Antepli Ejderha Wales 23 for Georgia, Ioan Lloyd does indeed make the bench. I wonder who our cover at 10 is, Tipuric could probably do it.

Comment

Antepli Ejderha Wales 23 for Georgia, Ioan Lloyd does indeed make the bench. I wonder who our cover at 10 is, Tipuric could probably do it.

Ioan Lloyd can also play ten. Pat Lam reckons he'll be our ten at the RWC in 2023.

Comment

Ah, I did wonder about him or Johnny Williams. Lloyd is primarily a back three player though, yes?

Comment

Ah, I did wonder about him or Johnny Williams. Lloyd is primarily a back three player though, yes?
                            10 or 15 really, he prefers 10.

Comment

I didn't realise that, not seen much of him.

Though going by his wiki page from earlier today (now corrected), he really should be in the second row or perhaps a sumo wrestler :

Last edited by Ray de Galles; 19-11-2020, 15:23.

Comment

Most of my info comes from the Scrum V podcast, I'm not convinced about Dan Lydiate joining to be honest. He seems very bland and not great at sharing his knowledge.

Comment

Fantastic double from May. There really can't be many better wingers in world rugby.

Comment

One of those games where Ireland are lucky it's still only 12-0 at this stage.

Comment

Facially, Rory Best reminds me of Dominic West.

Comment

Argentina v Australia this morning was a more exciting, attacking game than the tryless 15-15 scoreline might suggest.

It also leaves the Tri-Nations finely poised with each team on six points but Argentina with a game in hand in the other two.

Comment

Jonny May wonder try apart, that match was hot garbage. Billy V is done at this level, Daly will never be a full back no matter how many times he's selected there, Youngs is the greatest mystery of rugby - how the fuck has he got 10 caps, let alone 100? Farrell can't do anything except kick. Unless we can physically dominate a team we have no idea what to do - see RWC Final 2019. We spent the entire second half camped in our 22 playing defence vs attack.

Ireland were shit.

There were literally 15 seconds of attacking intent in the entire game.

Comment

The commentator for Wales v Georgia says the visitors are one of seven countries where rugby is the national sport.

The other six?;

Wales
                                            NZ
                                            Fiji
                                            Samoa
                                            Tonga
                                            ?
                                            Last edited by Ray de Galles; 21-11-2020, 17:23.

Comment

Madagascar apparently

Comment

Yes, I saw that on wiki too. Do we think that's correct?

Comment

The commentator for Wales v Georgia says the visitors are one of seven countries where rugby is the national sport.

The other six?;

Wales
                                                  NZ
                                                  Fiji
                                                  Samoa
                                                  Tonga
                                                  ?
                                                  Madagascar, purportedly, though I'd love to see their workings for that!

Comment

Is rugby really the national sport in Wales?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X