Rugby 2020: No Gatland or Schmidt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
    An egotistical narcissist is Gwyn Jones's description of Joe Marler.

A finger in the eye or a gouge is disgraceful. Hope he gets banned along with MOTM Ritchie who charged in causing the nonsense.
    Joe Marler dubbed 'egotistical narcissist' in takedown on live TV

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...wsApp_AppShare

Scroll down for the TV link.

Comment

That's tough on Lawes but by the letter of the law that's also a no arms head shot.

There was a cheap shot on AWJ later on in the match, he'd offloaded and someone hit him late in the back, possibly Wilson.

I know many people, including ex players, are going to be up in arms about this but it's about player safety and removing the head from the tackle.
      In the ground, I was surprised this double hit on Biggar in the very first minute wasn't checked by the TMO. I'm still not sure Tuilagi ,at least, wasn't employing the same "method" as he did on North and it did seem pretty systemic from England.

Comment

That's a horrendous double team tackle. Yep, England were at it all f day.

Comment

https://twitter.com/BBCSportWales/status/1238134959547781121

Comment

https://twitter.com/WalesRugby/status/1238130018779348992

Comment

Marler banned for ten weeks. He got a week off for good behaviour and week added for previous, surely it cannot be both. I still cannot believe how many non Twitter trolls are still defending him.
              Tuilagi got 4 weeks and Lawes, as I predicted, nothing.
              No Scotland player got banned despite gouging and other offences.

Comment

Halfpenny; North, Tompkins, Parkes, L Williams; Biggar, Webb; W Jones, Owens, John, Hill, AW Jones (capt), J Navidi, Moriarty, J Tipuric.

Replacements: R Elias, R Carre, Brown, Rowlands, Faletau, G Davies, J Evans, J McNicholl.

Here's the Wales side, a debut for Will-Grif Jones, Webb starts and Gareth Davies is back on the bench, Cory Hill returns from injury as does Will Rowlands.

No Louis Rees-Zammit, Pivac has basically said his defensive game isn't ready and probably doesn't want to rush him in to knock him back. I still think 20 minutes off the bench against Italy and Scotland would have been better but it sounds like there's a long term plan there.

Comment

Marler banned for ten weeks. He got a week off for good behaviour and week added for previous, surely it cannot be both. I still cannot believe how many non Twitter trolls are still defending him.
                  Tuilagi got 4 weeks
                  I'm finding that opinions are still very much divided on national lines. My English rugby friends continue to argue that a bag tweak is nothing worth getting upset over, and that Tuilagi had no other option once North dipped. The Welsh gang accuse Marler of serious sexual offences, and that Tuilagi was always planning to use himself as a human missle and North escaped serious damage by a gnat's bollock.

Marler knew what he was doing and gets what he deserved - and I don't think he gives a shit. I think Tuilagi dodged a much bigger ban by not being as accurate as he wanted to be.

Comment

Really, why on earth is this match going ahead?

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                      Really, why on earth is this match going ahead?
                      Money and bravado.

Comment

Money and bravado.
                        Hue and Cry tribute act, featuring the Cain brothers - Matt and Reg.

Comment

There's an awful lot of Scots here in the Mad Bishop And Bear. All waiting for their train to Cardiff...

Comment

I'm guessing they're still there as the game is off.

Comment

Nah, they all dutifully caught the train. If you've already paid train and hotel bills, you might as well use them to get pissed in Cardiff rather than Jedburgh...

Comment

Yeah, I was in Cardiff on Saturday night and on a train back to London Sunday morning and there were lots of Scottish fans visible on both occasions.

The English RFU have followed the WRU and shut down all rugby down to community level so my 13 year old can't train or play and the season is effectively over.

I wonder if they'll restart the senior leagues and let clubs like Newcastle and London Welsh gain their promotions.

Comment

The English RFU have formally ended the season for all competitions apart from their premiership which they currently hope to restart at some point.

Saracens' situation makes things pretty cut and dried, in terms of relegation at least, even if they don't restart the season. Other promotion and relegation issues to be advised on my mid April.
                                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 20-03-2020, 15:18.

Comment

Will somebody think of the Leinster Schools Cup!

https://twitter.com/McDonnellDan/status/1240960232924291073

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                      The English RFU have formally ended the season for all competitions apart from their premiership which they currently hope to restart at some point.

Saracens' situation makes things pretty cut and dried, in terms of relegation at least, even if they don't restart the season. Other promotion and relegation issues to be advised on my mid April.
                                      Wales have now done the same.

Comment

I'm going to steal Imp's idea but the coronavirus has now given World Rugby the perfect opportunity for the introduction of a world calendar. Internationals to be played at the same time, international club or provincial rugby at the same time and domestic leagues at the same time.

This way players can get proper breaks, say three months with no rugby whatsoever, from end of November to the beginning of March.

Comment

USA rugby has filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy, World Rugby has agreed to some sort of bailout. Chapter 11 is like going into administration isn't it?

Comment

Tuilagi got 4 weeks and Lawes, as I predicted, nothing.
                                            No Scotland player got banned despite gouging and other offences.
                                            Any word on whether these bans are on pause, given what happened just days after their announcement? Being banned for 10 weeks doesn't mean much if no-one is actually playing in that time...

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                              USA rugby has filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy, World Rugby has agreed to some sort of bailout. Chapter 11 is like going into administration isn't it?
                                              Yes, as opposed to Chapter Seven, which is essentially liquidation

Comment

Newcastle's promotion to the English Premiership confirmed, Headingley/Leeds/Yorkshire Whatevertheyrecalledatthemoment relegated from the Championship.
                                                Last edited by Ray de Galles; 02-04-2020, 13:51.

Comment

Hadleigh Parkes and Owen Williams are apparently set to move to Japan and end their test careers, Parkes is 32 so probably wouldn't make the next RWC and Owen Williams has had his whole career disrupted by injuries.

Pichot and Beaumount battle to become the chair of World Rugby, Pichot wants to use this opportunity to reset world rugby and have a global calendar, sounds good on paper.

Comment

I managed to miss the welcome news that Richmond will return to the English Championship after a year's absence and that Headingley/Leeds/Yorkshire Whatevertheyrecalledatthemoment are changing their name again.

A good article here on all of that and how Richmond having a squad with full time jobs should help them.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X