No announcement yet.

Rugby 2020: No Gatland or Schmidt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like France v Fiji this weekend is off due to positive Covid tests in the visitors' squad.

Comment

Lots of off-the-ball scuffling and niggle in the opening few minutes of Ireland v Wales. We seem to be the main instigators which points to a deliberate tactic to wind the Irish up, not working so far.
      Last edited by Ray de Galles; 13-11-2020, 19:17.

Comment

We're getting killed at the ruck, Ireland far quicker, sharper and more aggressive.

Comment

FFS.

Comment

Even when we were the better side during the third quarter we didn't look like threatening their line or kicking enough points. At least we largely sorted the scrum out even if it required hanging Carre out to dry with a 39th minute substitution but we were second best in every department over the whole game.

We look an aging, atrophied, cluelessly one-dimensional side. Pivac will get this tournament and the 6N I imagine (at least partly because we surely can't afford to pay off many contracts) but he has to show some value to his coaching. Following Gatland and putting a side through transition was always going to be tough but he's making it look harder than it needed to be.
            Last edited by Ray de Galles; 13-11-2020, 21:01.

Comment

Couldn't agree more with your comments Ray, it was always going to be a big ask but it surely wasn't this tough. A gradual change away from Gatland and Warrenball was needed not a huge leap. We're not ready for it after 12 years and a rugby generation of one way of playing.

The replacements added something, I felt the two props and Jake Ball gave some fire power really.

Ken Owens absence is being felt, blooding a new hooker and loose head together wasn't smart.

Next week against Georgia you play the team that will face England up front with no AWJ or Tipuric. Navidi and Moriarity should be back and if they get 60 minutes we'll be in better shape.

I think Sheedy has to play in both matches.

Comment

Argentina beat All Blacks 25 - 15. Great win for them and New Zealanders on twitter giving Foster a hard time.
                Last edited by Tony C; 14-11-2020, 08:03.

Comment

Absolutely brilliant.

Comment

The emotion is palpable here:

https://twitter.com/tferrerm/status/1327523751722971136

Comment

Originally posted by Tony C View Post
                      Argentina beat All Blacks 25 - 15. Great win for them and New Zealanders on twitter giving Foster a hard time.
                      Wow. No warm up games for them either, the All Blacks had already played three and put out their strongest side.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

Wow. No warm up games for them either, the All Blacks had already played three and put out their strongest side.
                        402 days since the Pumas' last test match apparently.

Comment

Italy playing more rugby already than either Ireland or Wales managed last night and have scored a sparkling try. Only 11-7 up after 35 minutes so It still may come to naught but very encouraging.

So happy to see my hope upthread for a competitive Argentina in the Tri-nations borne out so far. Have the game recorded to watch in full later, only annoyed that I heard the result on the radio news this morning before watching it!
                          Last edited by Ray de Galles; 14-11-2020, 13:41.

Comment

Scotland predictably grind their way to a dull win in the second half.

Comment

This is so great from Matera, no wonder they won :

https://twitter.com/ultimaterugby/status/1327579033576599555?s=21
                              Last edited by Ray de Galles; 14-11-2020, 16:41.

Comment

You could do a decent showreel of Matera's highlights today, one of the all-time great captain's performances. Man Of The Match despite Sanchez scoring all of Argentina's points :

https://twitter.com/sarugbymag/status/1327605377366679555?s=21

https://twitter.com/simonborchardt/status/1327540264982949888?s=21

Comment

Are there any highlights available? Would really love to watch them.

Comment

This works here

https://twitter.com/superrugby/status/1327532915811446784

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                      Thank you.

One handling error in 80 minutes. That's something else.

I hope they can follow it up with a performance against Australia.

Comment

Sorry to go on but today's match was the best thing to happen in rugby in this bloody awful year :

https://twitter.com/lospumas/status/1327344003088592896?s=21

Comment

The players have also mentioned the rule that Michael Chieka has played in giving them the belief that they could win.

Keep going on Ray de Galles because it's a monumental win. I'm praying they can follow it up with another.

Comment

James Botham and Johnny McNicholl have both been drafted into the Wales squad. Neither makes any sense to me.

Botham is so far down the pecking order, they should play James Davies, Josh Navidi and either Moriarty or Wainwright to give them some minutes before England.

The wings should be North and LRZ with Ioan Lloyd on the bench. Same reasoning.

I think Pivac is going to get the sack either at the end of this autumn series or after the six nations, it's really not working out.

Comment

I think these call ups are very specific to the Georgia game as the coaching team have already said they will not be playing their first choice side. I don't expect either to feature against England but we clearly need some bodies for Saturday.

That said, as I've mentioned previously on this thread I've seen Botham give some great displays for Cardiff recently and expected him to get a call up at some point.
                                              Last edited by Ray de Galles; 16-11-2020, 20:46.

Comment

Fair enough, didn't realise we were that short on players.

Comment

This lovely try from Owen Lane was the highlight of Cardiff v Treviso last night which, as can be seen, was played in filthy conditions :

https://twitter.com/premiersportstv/status/1328445866340798464?s=21

Comment

Working...
                                                  X