Do you know who I am?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you know who I am?

There's a headline you'll see often, at least in the Aus/NZ media: "Former Wallabies coach slams ... [somebody]".

And you know who it is before you click (so you don't need to). It'll be Alan Jones, because he's in the media, and he does a lot of slamming.

Another one is "Former Spurs manager ... ". Whereas in the UK/Ireland, the headline is more likely to be "Harry Redknapp ...", because it's assumed readers will know who he is. Down under the description is needed, the name may not suffice to get our attention. You might see the headline and wonder "What has Gerry Francis said now?". But probably not.

Who are the names you know, before you know?

Former PM slams government (in a UK media source) is always going to be John Major. Blair spends all his time attacking his own party, Brown remains silent for the most part, and the more recent Tory PMs are just a pair of self serving cunts who don't give a shit about other people anyway.

Wednesday Star's Appeal Unsuccessful is always Fernando Forestieri

Comment

Former PM Slams here would be Paul Keating or Tony Abbott depending who they are slamming.

Keating I could listen to all day; Abbott I would happily never hear again.

Comment

"A great coach once said...."

Vince Lombardi.

Comment

Former crown green crack slams 'indescribably crap' modern bowls​​ is invariably David Bryant.

Comment

Liverpool's Legendary Manager...

Comment

Working...
            X