No announcement yet.

All roads lead to Aigle: Pro Cycling 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel sorry for Mikel Landa here, because his team have done all this work and you know this is all going to go wrong for him somehow.

Comment

Can't believe Carapaz is still out in front. I know he's INEOS but I love rides like this.

Comment

"Lads, there's this tactic we used at Movistar...."

Comment

That should be that for the overall now unless Roglic has a massive collapse or gets Covided out. Think Pogacar is in the spotty jersey now so that's a modest consolation for him.

Comment

Wonder if Pogacar could have done more had he not been knocked out of his rhythm by that fan

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
              Wonder if Pogacar could have done more had he not been knocked out of his rhythm by that fan
              Possibly but not enough to make much of a difference. Tough stage for him both physically and mentally - even he might now be convinced that it's Roglic's year.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                At what point did that happen? I must have missed it. There were a hell of a lot of complete arseholes in the final few kilometres.

Comment

It was about 2km from the end. Lopez had gone clear and Kuss, Roglic and Pogacar were in a mini group going through a ridiculous crowd. Pogacar was at the back and possibly hanging on but then a fan got in his way and suddenly he was 20 metres back and never was able to bridge the gap again

Comment

Ah, I think I did see that. I thought there had maybe been a bigger incident, although that one was annoying and stupid enough.

Comment

INEOS heading for their first stage win in any Grand Tour since Geraint Thomas on Alpe d'Huez in 2018.

Comment

Carapaz is going to take the polka dots as well

Comment

"Enric Mas has plummeted up the standings" - Ned Boulting.

Comment

He's so Movistar

Comment

Fine Richie Porte moment as Porte punctures on the gravel Plateau des Glieres.

Comment

Eurosport just ran an interview with Kevin Reza with regard to Black Lives Matter (which I unfortunately missed most of on a work call) which led to Brian Smith discussing racist language being used towards MTN- Qhubeka riders in the peloton when he was the teams manager. Apparently, Froome had to call it out to the riders in question.

Rob Hatch seems absolutely incandescent about it happening and not being formally reported and dealt with, understandably so.
                                Last edited by Ray de Galles; 18-09-2020, 12:28.

Comment

"Bora-Hansgrohe's Lukas Postlberger was stung on the mouth by a bee and has had to abandon after dropping back to the medical car for treatment"

Ouch!

Comment

AVV and Amanda Spratt are out of the Giro Rosa after a crash in yesterday's sprint that also involved Marianne Vos. Van der Breggen has taken over the leader's jersey.

It is currently uncertain as to whether either of the Mitchelton riders will be able to race in the Worlds in Imola.

Comment

Saw a report somewhere that AVV is having surgery tomorrow and is definitely out of the Worlds. Not sure about Spratty.

The Tour seems to have turned into an autumnal version of Kuurne - Brussels - Kuurne in the last half hour.

Comment

That seems to be right about AVV. She's already back in the Netherlands.

Such a terrible waste.

Comment

They've let Kragh Andersen steal this

Comment

Enjoyed WvA coming on screen just then and Millar going "those tyres look really nice" in a dreamy voice.

Comment

Ooh, Pogacar's got 13 seconds back on Roglic at the first check.

(WvA is about to take the lead in the clubhouse having ridden an enormous negative split so not impossible that Roglic is intending to do the same)

Comment

Pogacar's got half the deficit back now, and his position on the bike looks much smoother - Roglic is thrashing all over the place. Surely not...

Comment

Fucking hell, ten second gap now, Roglic losing time hand over fist.

Comment

That picture of Dumoulin and WvA watching on as three weeks all crumbles to dust.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X