Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official boardgame of the OTF peloton

L'échappée Infernale.

Not the best laid-out site, so check out the Trophées Mythiques section - special jersey sets, such as all the winners of l'Alpe d'Huez stages or Milan - San Remo.

Individual teams are also available on a year-by-year basis.

The game is also available at Cycles Marcarini, otherwise known as the home of the retro maillot.

Oooohhhh. I saw those little miniatures on my holidays in France as a young'un. They were always just out of my league pocket-money wise.

The company seem to have moved with the times and introduced proper team kits now.

Comment

For my birthday last year a friend gave me a similar cycling figure that used to belong to his father, but it's hand-painted and cast in lead. I think he's trying to kill me.

Comment

That is quite a wonderful thing.

Do you actually have the game? Is it worth playing?

BTW, French Ebay is a seriously dangerous source of temptations of this kind.

Comment

I don't, unfortunately, so can't tell you. I don't think I could get away with buying one for Mrs Bafflin's late birthday present, either.

How the game is played is not that well-explained. I was wondering whether the components of the board are interchangeable and you use them to create several stages, for example.

Those figures you linked to are in a much better condition than mine. I shall have to stop licking it absent-mindedly.

Comment

The lead ones are unfortunately fragile.

I once had some "Mercxx" figures (Molteni, World Champion and Peugeot maillots) that were crushed in a move. Fausto's disaster with his Cinelli was nothing compared to what happened to those.

The plastic ones lack gravitas, but are more easily replaceable.

Comment

Here's further information on and pictures of the game:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/18232

We would like to remind viewers that other cycle racing games are available:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/19105/page/1

Comment

Working...
              X