Damn Damn Damn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn Damn Damn

Today I had the grim, grim news that my Cinelli has been broken and that it would be uneconomical to repair.
    I had an accident on the Tour of Pembroke last week. I wasn't hurt apart from landing in some nettles. My derailleur hanger broke causing the derailleur to twist and wedge itself into the sprockets.
    I took it to the mechanic today and he looked at it and said, that it was knackered. I am so incredibly gutted it is not true. I need a bike to cycle to work and I've just got a new job, starting September which is 14 miles away.
    The frame has been damaged beyond repair. All of the compnoents are fine with the likely exception of the derailleur.

Gutted!

Damn Damn Damn

Oh crap!

I opened the thread with trepidation, being quite sure it was news of yet another case of doping in cycling, only to find the news was in fact worse!

Can you get a second opinion?

Comment

Damn Damn Damn

That's what my wife said, but the man in the shop showed me where the frame was broken and it looks terminal.

I might have to start a "Brand new Frame thread" but I'm too fed up at the moment to even think about it (well almost).

Comment

Damn Damn Damn

Maybe a used frame from someone trading up (though it is hard to trade up from a Cinelli)?

How unusual are the dimensions?

Comment

Working...
        X