No announcement yet.

Khan Can: International Cricket 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite a low scoring affair too, that first ODI.

Comment

England could play home matches in the Caribbean this summer ?

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_...ries-caribbean

Comment

The Over 50s World Cup cricket competition was called off earlier this week, part way through the third game. I have a couple of old team-mates in the Welsh team, they were battered by South Africa, beat Namibia fairly easily and were looking to be on the wrong end of a thumping before the game against Pakistan was called off. I think they have flights home sorted and had a fantastic time in Cape Town while they were there.

Comment

Originally posted by fatbear View Post
          England could play home matches in the Caribbean this summer ?

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_...ries-caribbean
          Not a chance. The players don't want to play while their families are in self-isolation, and they might infect each other. Domestic West Indies cricket is already suspended.

Comment

England players not wanting to leave their families whilst the panic continues at home is a good point and the whole idea will never get of the ground. However, domestic cricket being cancelled in the West Indies is a precaution, there have been very few cases on the cricket playing islands - the sum for all of Antigua, Jamaica, Trinidad, Barbados, Guyana, St Lucia, St Vincent, Grenada and Anguilla is 37 as of today, and just about all of these are visitors to the island.

There are a few interesting articles comparing malaria versus covid19 and the startling inverse relationship ie countries with malaria have little/no covid-19 and vice-versa.

Most of the efforts to find a cure/vaccine for covid-19 ppear to be based around chloroquine, which is quinine based and has long been used to protect against malaria. The results so far have apparently been highly encouraging although Trump did jump the gun a little by saying the solution was approved only to be shouted down as not enough testing had been performed yet. In desparation doctors in China and Korea are reported to have treated patients with Chloroquine and the number of deaths has dramatically fallen. Germany has reported just 44 deaths from 16,666 reported cases - Chloroquine is made by Bayer.........

Chloroquine will apparently not be a 100% cure eg people with Kidney problems or diabetes ( that's me ! ) but maybe be a solution for many eg pnemonia/breathing related sufferers.

On February 26, 2020, the UK Government supposedly added chloroquine to the list of medicines that cannot be exported from the UK.......

True or not, I'm now drinking Gin & Tonics for medicinal reasons !

Comment

https://twitter.com/ajarrodkimber/status/1242808263810387970

Comment

Working...
              X