No announcement yet.

Khan Can: International Cricket 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuck me, I'm glad they weren't this good last summer.

Comment

Ireland's tour of West Indies continues with the first T20 at St George's, Grenada. Ireland are batting first.

Comment

And Stirling's absolutely twatting it about the gaff

Comment

Been listening to the commentary on the Windies Cricket YouTube channel. This one is on a knife edge.

Comment

Well done Ireland.

Comment

Ireland win by 4 runs (208-204)

Comment

What a great result. Ireland held their nerve and that sets up the series nicely too.

The commentators said that if the final ball had been cracked for four they'd have played a super over, which I didn't expect in a bilateral series but actually would be useful preparation this year for the T20 World Cup.

Comment

India level the ODI series with a comfortable win over Australia. Vengeance.

Comment

Yeah, combination of scoring enough runs to put Australia under pressure and getting Warner early. Still, obvious weakness with Sheryar, Pandey and Saini, but presumably they are looking to the future, rather than being obsessed with winning a bilateral series.

Comment

Afghanistan absolutely crush South Africa in the first game of the u19 World Cup. New power in the game?

Comment

Quite the finish.

As well as the winning six runs coming on the penultimate ball of the innings, note how NZ lost three wickets in the two preceeding overs. Mind you, that's kind of what you want to see if you're busting a gut to reach a target late on. As I think Janik said, the perfect ODI innings ends with you hitting a six on the final ball with your final batter, or they are run out in the middle of chasing an extra one.
                        Last edited by Kevin S; 22-01-2020, 16:39.

Comment

Afghanistan U19. meanwhile, have picked up their second group stage win so with South Africa and UAE defeated they face whipping boys Canada in their final group match to secure top spot.
                          Last edited by Kevin S; 22-01-2020, 16:39.

Comment

NZ had to win, as their game against Japan was rained off. If they'd hit a four and lost by one run, then beaten India and still headed home they'd have every right to be as gutted as their senior side.

Comment

Yes and I suppose they need a result against India to avoid things going to NRR?

Highlights here
                              https://www.icc-cricket.com/video/1584694

I've not seen it but my colleague said he was amazed by a young West Indies bowler who was hitting 90mph against England. Said his technique was really smooth and he was getting good bounce as well.

Comment

No, the result yesterday ensures that India and NZ go through. If SL had won they would have gone through with India - unless they or the weather contrived to prevent them beating Japan.

Comment

England vs Australia in another effective knock out game today.

England made 252, with Gloucestershire's Ben Charlesworth making 82 and Warwickshire's Dan Mousely adding a quick 51 at the end.
                                  Australia 93-2 after 20 overs, so pretty evenly poised. Mackenzie Harvey who is 34* averages over 80 in international youth cricket, so England would want to get him soon.

Comment

Australia have had a good half hour, and look decisively ahead now. England's hopes rest on that upturn at the end from Mousley. But at the moment it looks like Australia will get there with 2-3 overs to spare.

Last edited by Kevin S; 23-01-2020, 13:53.

Comment

A maiden followed by a wicket. Well now.

Comment

Qadri has just got Harvey out. But Australia definitely ahead.

Comment

2 wickets in two overs. Game on.

Comment

3 in 3! Hearne is still there and well set, but England now favourites.

Comment

Oh my. The worm has turned.

Comment

Adding a projection line suggests that it will come down to whether Australia can accelerate at all at the end.

Comment

Hearne has gone! W00t!

Comment

Twelve dot balls in a row. Are they playing out Qadri and Goldsworthy or can they just not get them away?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X