Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin S
    replied
    Lunch on day one of the second Test between Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka.
    The hosts are 96/2 and Lakmal has been insanely economical with his five overs so far; four maidens and one run in the other.
    Live here with resumption in about 10 minutes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhQy3mfa3Q4
    Last edited by Kevin S; 27-01-2020, 14:10.

Leave a comment:

• Etienne
    replied
    Basically Sully did a Carlos Brathwaite to Ben Stokes.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Well that's quite a crushing way to lose. Bugger.

Leave a comment:

• Etienne
    replied
    Goldsworthy bowled 17 dot balls in a row just then.

But Cullen, Evison and Mousely have all been expensive so far, and they have to bowl three more overs between them.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Looks like Australia are hardly scoring off Balderson either though. They now need 77 off the final 10 overs.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Not sure as I can't find a way of watching it at the mo.

Incidentally though while looking I found the Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe Test match was being streamed free by Rabbitholebd Sports on YouTube. However it's just finished with Sri Lanka knocking off the 14 second innings runs they needed. It's a two match series with the other one starting on Monday though so I might be able to find it again next week.

Leave a comment:

• Etienne
    replied
    Twelve dot balls in a row. Are they playing out Qadri and Goldsworthy or can they just not get them away?

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Hearne has gone! W00t!

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Adding a projection line suggests that it will come down to whether Australia can accelerate at all at the end.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Oh my. The worm has turned.

Leave a comment:

• Etienne
    replied
    3 in 3! Hearne is still there and well set, but England now favourites.

Leave a comment:

• Etienne
    replied
    2 wickets in two overs. Game on.

Leave a comment:

• Etienne
    replied
    Qadri has just got Harvey out. But Australia definitely ahead.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    A maiden followed by a wicket. Well now.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Australia have had a good half hour, and look decisively ahead now. England's hopes rest on that upturn at the end from Mousley. But at the moment it looks like Australia will get there with 2-3 overs to spare.

Last edited by Kevin S; 23-01-2020, 13:53.

Leave a comment:

• Etienne
    replied
    England vs Australia in another effective knock out game today.

England made 252, with Gloucestershire's Ben Charlesworth making 82 and Warwickshire's Dan Mousely adding a quick 51 at the end.
    Australia 93-2 after 20 overs, so pretty evenly poised. Mackenzie Harvey who is 34* averages over 80 in international youth cricket, so England would want to get him soon.

Leave a comment:

• Etienne
    replied
    No, the result yesterday ensures that India and NZ go through. If SL had won they would have gone through with India - unless they or the weather contrived to prevent them beating Japan.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Yes and I suppose they need a result against India to avoid things going to NRR?

Highlights here
    https://www.icc-cricket.com/video/1584694

I've not seen it but my colleague said he was amazed by a young West Indies bowler who was hitting 90mph against England. Said his technique was really smooth and he was getting good bounce as well.

Leave a comment:

• Etienne
    replied
    NZ had to win, as their game against Japan was rained off. If they'd hit a four and lost by one run, then beaten India and still headed home they'd have every right to be as gutted as their senior side.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Afghanistan U19. meanwhile, have picked up their second group stage win so with South Africa and UAE defeated they face whipping boys Canada in their final group match to secure top spot.
    Last edited by Kevin S; 22-01-2020, 16:39.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Quite the finish.

As well as the winning six runs coming on the penultimate ball of the innings, note how NZ lost three wickets in the two preceeding overs. Mind you, that's kind of what you want to see if you're busting a gut to reach a target late on. As I think Janik said, the perfect ODI innings ends with you hitting a six on the final ball with your final batter, or they are run out in the middle of chasing an extra one.
    Last edited by Kevin S; 22-01-2020, 16:39.

Leave a comment:

• Etienne
    replied
    Afghanistan absolutely crush South Africa in the first game of the u19 World Cup. New power in the game?

Leave a comment:

• Etienne
    replied
    Yeah, combination of scoring enough runs to put Australia under pressure and getting Warner early. Still, obvious weakness with Sheryar, Pandey and Saini, but presumably they are looking to the future, rather than being obsessed with winning a bilateral series.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    India level the ODI series with a comfortable win over Australia. Vengeance.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    What a great result. Ireland held their nerve and that sets up the series nicely too.

The commentators said that if the final ball had been cracked for four they'd have played a super over, which I didn't expect in a bilateral series but actually would be useful preparation this year for the T20 World Cup.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X