No announcement yet.

College Football 2019/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats. I was rooting for LSU. First half was a pretty close game, early in the first quarter Clemson was really shutting LSU down. Not sure what adjustments they made as I didn't get to watch the full game.

Comment

Burrow and his ridiculously talented corps of receivers just kept going at them and were eventually able to make plays. The way in which Burrow's opportunistic runs up the middle kept cutting Clemson open ultimately required them to keep a dedicated defender at home made LSU'S task significantly easier.

This is the greatest offence that college football has ever seen.
      Last edited by ursus arctos; 14-01-2020, 17:32.

Comment

Imagine if they had a defensive side to match.

Burrow is also a decent human being. He has raised something like half a million dollars or more for food banks in Ohio and Louisiana.

Comment

Just caught up after avoiding this thread, and any other potential online source of the result, all (UK) day. Perfect end to a perfect season, and fitting that they got to win it in-state rather than halfway across the country somewhere.

Comment

Wow. LSU really just toyed w/ Clemson. Congrats FF.

Their overall strength of schedule for the season was truly impressive. Burrow has had the greatest big school QB season ever. Correct me if anyone thinks I'm wrong.

Comment

My mom was so annoyed that some of the people who decide the rankings (I'm not 100% clear on how it works) kept saying that Ohio State was #1. I root for the Tigers for fun, but she means business.

Comment

Unanimous Number One

Comment

I keep thinking about the look on Nick Saban's face. Why was he even there?

Comment

To help introduce that nonsensical "Greatest Eleven Players of All Time".

In his ridiculous AFLAC blue suit.

His momma can't of been proud of that.

Comment

I'm rather sad Saban didn't get the look for the Cowboys job.

Comment

Too right. I need another reason to hate them.

Comment

Why would Saban want that job? He’ll be a God in Alabama forever and has almost total authority over the program. With the Cowboys, Jerry is in charge and always will be.

And winning in the NFL is harder. You can’t just recruit the best players because they already live in your state and are impressed by the fancy facilities.

That’s actually why some coaches prefer it. Matt Rhule - who is from my town - just left Baylor to go to the Panthers and his comments implied that he thought he’d taken Baylor as far as it could go, which was remarkably far given how bad they were when he got there, but in the NFL, any team with a competent owner could win the Super Bowl eventually. And the Panther’s new owner is, at least, willing to spend.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                            Unanimous Number One

That's pre-determined is it not, that the CFP winner is automatically ranked #1 so there is no scope for controversy and ambiguity? Not that anyone could have made any case to the contrary this year.

Comment

There is still a vote among the AP electors (and those are the results)

Comment

https://twitter.com/k_trahan/status/1289937740834930688

Comment

Unless they’re willing to strike, it’s all for not. Or naught.

Comment

Very much so.

Though at least some of them appear to be willing to do that.

Comment

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1293257058351902720

Comment

Pac-12 has suspended all sports for the rest of the calendar year.

Comment

No big surprise that the Big-12, SEC, and ACC are clinging to the very end.

Comment

You will need to pry their football season from their cold, dead hands.

Comment

I hope they can play in the spring.

Comment

Big 12 is going to give it a go....for now.

https://www.ktsm.com/sports/college-...-in-september/

Comment

This is so depressing on so many levels. I can't even, as the kids used to say.

Comment

It's the inevitable result of a system where major universities are run by athletic directors, football coaches, Republic governors and "boosters", rather than by academics.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X