No announcement yet.

Vuelta a España & Tour of Britain 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The lead group is too big to be seriously disciplined, and have lost almost a minute of their maximum lead,.

Quintana is now only a handful of seconds ahead of Valverde on the virtual GC.

Comment

So did Valverde have his team ride on the front to help Quintana or to help himself? They must have known Astana would still be fresh...

Comment

That was an absolutely brilliant ride from Higuita, he must have been on his own for around 50km. And Lopez rode very well to get the white jersey back - attacking 60km out, getting hauled back on the descent and then going again

Comment

Very much so

Higuita is only 22 as well. The future is bright.

Comment

Movistar will be pleased at the last couple of days - they're 46 minutes clear of Astana in team classification now.

Comment

I rode the Blyth to Grey St part of the ToB stage the other day ahead of the arrival of the race. I’ve only ridden up Grey st once before- it is short but steep.

got a decent spot on the railing about 300m from the line (still had the bike). Photos didn’t come out too well but I got a good look at a well-off-the-pace Cavendish and had the chance to abuse the Ineos and Israeli team cars. Which was nice. My arm was on the telly, identified by Euskaltel armwarmer.

Comment

Entertaining tussle for the first bonus sprint on the ToB, Mitchelton refused to let any break go to attempt to set up Trentin for the time bonus, which worked perfectly until MVdP sat on Trentin's wheel and won the sprint. A Lotto rider - probably de Buyst - picked up second so that extends MVdP's overall lead.

Comment

Great ride by Cavagna to take a stage that really showed off Toledo.

Very I pressed by this year's route design.

Comment

Shall we just give MVdP the rainbow jersey now?

Comment

Pogacar riding towards a two-Slovenian podium

Comment

Great day at the Tour of Britain, first went to a car park in Altrincham (following cycling takes you to some glamorous places) to watch all the riders at the start. Biggest crowds as usual were round the INEOS and Dimension Data buses. Then I was going to head to Ramsbottom for the climb but thought this a bit more risky out on the road than when I planned it last night and instead headed to Rochdale to watch the peloton all lined out past the town hall. This also got me my first Guide tick of the new edition.

Then back to Manchester to be on the barrier about 200m from the finish and watched Cees Bol lead from MVdP (I've got a nice photo of this but can't get it to upload annoyingly, so you'll have to wait). There was a nice moment at the back of the second group as Cavendish and Eisel flanked Renshaw in - presumably this is the last time the trio of them will race together. Went and loitered round the team buses and all the teams were discarding their unused bottles, so I got examples from Jumbo Visma and Ag2r and seemed to be the only person not to get a Katusha one. The Jumbo was passion fruit flavoured, I'm not sure what the Ag2r was meant to taste of, possibly blackcurrant but it's got a certain sourness to it. And the cap doesn't stay open properly. Oh, Romain.
                        Last edited by longeared; 14-09-2019, 21:40. Reason: testing...

Comment

Right, got the photos to work...

Mikel Landa

Rory Townsend in the points jersey as the peloton passes Rochdale Town Hall

Bol begins the sprint ahead of MVdP and Trentin

Comment

Working...
                          X