Enable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enable

Unsure whether I can either watch or bet on the King George tomorrow, as currently at the in-law's in Portugal where all foreign betting sites are blocked by the Portuguese govenment. However, having become increasingly obsessed by horse racing over the past 18 months, this race has to be my most anticipated of the flat season and it should simply be satisfying enough to watch this fine Grade 1 line up. I imagine punters will be putting enormous amounts on Enable to win, best odds I can find are 8/13. I can't afford to lose the amounts required to make it worthwhile, so bookies have beaten me already, will probably settle for a £1 tricast of Enable, Crystal Ocean and Anthony van Dyke, I imagine the odds even for that will be slim.

Anyone going big?

I've got a gut feeling she's going to lose tomorrow, but I can live with that if she wins that third Arc at Longchamp in October and to be honest I just want the great mare to return safe and sound from her remaining races before retirement. Realistically the only horse who can beat her is Crystal Ocean. Anthony Van Dyck appears to be a typically forgettable Ballydoyle classic winner (Derby winners rarely go to this race now as 3yo's) and Defoe is a solid G1 animal but no superstar. The recent demise of Sea of Class leaves a cloud over proceedings, as her appearance in this would have made it a renewal for the ages. it's still a grand race though.

As for TV links, The one below should work.

http://www.awaan.ae/live/25/Dubai-Racing
    Last edited by George; 26-07-2019, 19:48.

Comment

I thought she'd lose the Coral-Eclipse, it was too long time between races, but there you go, she's a class apart. Just got my betway account working via tunnel bear and decided to have a bet. Thanks for the link.

Comment

It's 8/13 because Dettori is onboard, and the poor bookies are running scared of him having multiple winners. Gosden has protested as such, and I agree with him up to a point, she should be a strong favourite, but something like 11/10 is more realistic.

Obviously it's Dettori so I'm out, Defoe e/w at 20/1 is the value.

Comment

I get the impression I could be riding Enable and she'd still win, but let's see, I'm more often wrong than right.

I was at Newmarket a couple of weeks ago and was amazed at the high percentage of punters who just bet on Dettori for every race, if I had a pound for every time I heard "which 'orse is Frankie ridin'?"...

​​

Comment

9mm of rain at Ascot overnight has turned the going to Good to Soft, and there's more expected over the wide area. Not that this should affect Enable who has put up some of her best performances with form sort of cut in the ground. Most of the other main protagonists are fairly ground adaptable as well.

Comment

We have a horse racing thread already
              Razor-sharp analyses of cricket, rugby, tennis, baseball, cycling, other sports also called football (American, Gaelic, Aussie and Canadian), running and stuff, horse racing, hockey (with and without ice), cars and bikes going round really fast, basketball, golf, snooker, handball, er, sumo, darts, and indoor bowls. And that's just for starters.

Comment

Well, that lived up the hype.

Comment

Incredible race. The Grundy vs Bustino comparisons will come thick and fast but deservedly so. I think Dettori only used the whip once - this was still largely a hands and heels job (they want to preserve her for the Arc) for what will likely end up being her best performance to date, and in the toughest circumstances. Crystal Ocean is a fine beast too.

Comment

Worth watching the race again on youtube. Fantastic stuff, what a performance, really special stuff.

Comment

Working...
                    X