• Show
Clear All

• diggedy derek
    replied
    Woah!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• multipleman78
    replied
    I couldn't believe the two balls that Stokes played after getting it down to 2 to win. Just knock a single and guarantee the Ashes are alive. Instead he tries a reverse sweep, Leach is almost up his arse and then after escaping that he is trying to slog one into the stand. I suppose at that point the adrenaline would be surging so much that clarity is hard to find.

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied
    Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
    Holy shit. Headingley again.
    Isn't it something like only the fourth time in test history that 300+ has been chased down to win, and three of those have been at Headingley?

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Originally posted by Logan Mountstuart View Post
    I think we can put Botham/ Willis 1981 to bed now. Fuck me. Better than the World Cup final?
    Wasn't on terrestrial but will that matter? Botham never quite won it in that manner.

Leave a comment:

• multipleman78
    replied
    I know it doesn't matter now but on that wasted review. The ball clipped his front pad but hawkeye didn't appear to show any deviation when there certainly was some. I presume that is why umpire didn't give it.

Leave a comment:

• tee rex
    replied
    Getting the runs is extraordinary enough, but everything that went on in the last few minutes ... amazing.

Ben Stokes, Botham squared.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Originally posted by Sporting View Post
    Just WOW
    Try to explain that to your mates at the cafe

Leave a comment:

• Logan Mountstuart
    replied
    I think we can put Botham/ Willis 1981 to bed now. Fuck me. Better than the World Cup final?

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    Just WOW

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    Holy shit. Headingley again.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Stokes genius + dropped catch + wasted review + umpiring error decides it.

That wasted review will haunt Australia. Ashes would have been retained if they'd had that review left.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Oh come on

Hollywood would reject this as implausible

Leave a comment:

• Vicarious Thrillseeker
    replied
    Flipping heck

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Deserves a century. Must be his best ever innings in the circumstances, especially following a marathon bowling stint that kept England (just) in the game.

Keeping Lyon on for that last over was foolishly risky. His figures are now 2-107.

Then again, he's smashing Cummins
    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 25-08-2019, 14:48.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Stokes certainly entertains

Leave a comment:

• diggedy derek
    replied
    Bloody hell, Janik, not sure I'm ready for the trauma of that.

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied
    This picture captures the panic of a run-out perfectly; the scream of shock, the flailing body of the runner scrambling back:- https://a4.espncdn.com/combiner/i?im...5_1296x518.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Many thanks!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVik...layer_embedded

EDIT: It's about 2-3 minutes behind Cricinfo e.g. Woakes is still in on my feed but out on Cricinfo.
    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 25-08-2019, 13:29.

Leave a comment:

• diggedy derek
    replied
    The Guardian OBO often provides a link to TMS at the start of the day.

Run-out, Buttler gone. Credit to Australia, they're making this already difficult task as difficult as possible.
    Last edited by diggedy derek; 25-08-2019, 13:17.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    I can find archived streams of full days of TMS on Youtube but not live for today.

I think I prefer the Cricinfo approach anyway TBH, then highlights next day on Youtube.
    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 25-08-2019, 13:02.

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    There's usually a (legal) live stream of TMS through you tube (audio only) but for reasons I've never understood they make it really really hard to find. It's basically ungoogleable.

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    It's nervewracking and I can only follow via websites (stream, anyone: pm if you can?)

Leave a comment:

• diggedy derek
    replied
    This is good.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Lunch break: 121 needed. It all depends on the middle order staying in all the way through, otherwise it will be a cliffhanger.

Leave a comment:

• tee rex
    replied
    I'm about to take a real interest in this, so stand by for the collapse. Followed by the recovery and the hope, and ... OK, you all know how it goes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X