Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many thanks!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVik...layer_embedded

EDIT: It's about 2-3 minutes behind Cricinfo e.g. Woakes is still in on my feed but out on Cricinfo.
    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 25-08-2019, 13:29.

Comment

This picture captures the panic of a run-out perfectly; the scream of shock, the flailing body of the runner scrambling back:- https://a4.espncdn.com/combiner/i?im...5_1296x518.jpg

Comment

Bloody hell, Janik, not sure I'm ready for the trauma of that.

Comment

Stokes certainly entertains

Comment

Deserves a century. Must be his best ever innings in the circumstances, especially following a marathon bowling stint that kept England (just) in the game.

Keeping Lyon on for that last over was foolishly risky. His figures are now 2-107.

Then again, he's smashing Cummins
            Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 25-08-2019, 14:48.

Comment

Flipping heck

Comment

Oh come on

Hollywood would reject this as implausible

Comment

Stokes genius + dropped catch + wasted review + umpiring error decides it.

That wasted review will haunt Australia. Ashes would have been retained if they'd had that review left.

Comment

Holy shit. Headingley again.

Comment

Just WOW

Comment

I think we can put Botham/ Willis 1981 to bed now. Fuck me. Better than the World Cup final?

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                          Just WOW
                          Try to explain that to your mates at the cafe

Comment

Getting the runs is extraordinary enough, but everything that went on in the last few minutes ... amazing.

Ben Stokes, Botham squared.

Comment

I know it doesn't matter now but on that wasted review. The ball clipped his front pad but hawkeye didn't appear to show any deviation when there certainly was some. I presume that is why umpire didn't give it.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan Mountstuart View Post
                                I think we can put Botham/ Willis 1981 to bed now. Fuck me. Better than the World Cup final?
                                Wasn't on terrestrial but will that matter? Botham never quite won it in that manner.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                  Holy shit. Headingley again.
                                  Isn't it something like only the fourth time in test history that 300+ has been chased down to win, and three of those have been at Headingley?

Comment

I couldn't believe the two balls that Stokes played after getting it down to 2 to win. Just knock a single and guarantee the Ashes are alive. Instead he tries a reverse sweep, Leach is almost up his arse and then after escaping that he is trying to slog one into the stand. I suppose at that point the adrenaline would be surging so much that clarity is hard to find.

Comment

Woah!!!!!!!

Comment

Yay!

Comment

Originally posted by multipleman78 View Post
                                          I know it doesn't matter now but on that wasted review. The ball clipped his front pad but hawkeye didn't appear to show any deviation when there certainly was some. I presume that is why umpire didn't give it.
                                          Pre-Hawkeye-era would any umpire have given it?

My two nephews were at the ground and will now be able to tell their grandkids "I was there!"

As an individual effort in a Test in England, Stokes this weekend is up there with anybody.
                                          Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 25-08-2019, 15:34.

Comment

Couldn't believe that the game was still going when I came into the pub. Glad that I did: good timing on my part...

Comment

Arise Sir Ben Stokes!

That was amazing stuff, just wow, those last few overs had everything. How do explain test cricket to an American?

Comment

There are a number of Americans on this thread who know exactly what's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by multipleman78 View Post
                                                  I couldn't believe the two balls that Stokes played after getting it down to 2 to win. Just knock a single and guarantee the Ashes are alive. Instead he tries a reverse sweep, Leach is almost up his arse and then after escaping that he is trying to slog one into the stand. I suppose at that point the adrenaline would be surging so much that clarity is hard to find.
                                                  Cricinfo suggested he was absolutely exhausted and I think the momentum was with him to just keep slogging. Rather that than a run-out.

Comment

Ta

Comment

Working...
                                                    X