Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

35/3

Comment

Hurray, Sir Geoffrey already urging the England bowlers to pitch it oop.

Comment

They should think themselves lucky they are only playing England and are spared facing the Ireland attack.

Comment

Stokes and Moeen giving up a lot of runs here.

Comment

Watching Steve Smith bat is infuriating for an England fan. He’s bloody good, isn’t he. Predictions for his series average this time? I’ll start the bidding at 93. Which will involve 8 centuries in 9 innings, one having been lost to rain along the way.

Comment

Has Anderson picked up/aggravated an injury this morning or has he carried the previous one in to the test?

Comment

I think Anderson wasn't fit coming in to the match today RdG

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                  Obviously if Anderson isn't fit then then Woakes goes up to join Broad as main attack bowlers and one of those two [Curran/Stone] backfills. Plus there's also Stokes' rfm as well.
                  Turns out it wasn't obvious.

Comment

He was certainly declared fit, I wonder if he really was completely recovered or if there was an element of risk to it.

Comment

The double whammy of Steve smith looking ominous at the crease and anderson going off for a scan of his troublesome calf means the optimism taken from the three Australian wickets this morning has drained away pretty quickly.

Comment

Timely wicket.

Comment

Seriously dumb review. The chances that they will want that one back are considerable.

Comment

Two successful reviews for England now. Umpires having a lot of questions asked today and the players have been right 3 times out of 5.

Comment

I thought the Smith lbw shout that was given didn't look at all out and the Wade one that wasn't given just now looked plumb. Are these umpires having a bad day?

Edit : cross-post with Kevin

Comment

I wouldn't have much confidence in the telly umpire getting decisions right given that it's Chris Gaffaney.

Comment

Boycott back on and wastes no time in dismissing the abilities of 9 of Australia's batters.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                    I thought the Smith lbw shout that was given didn't look at all out and the Wade one that wasn't given just now looked plumb. Are these umpires having a bad day?

Edit : cross-post with Kevin
                                    Aleem Dar is bobbins.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicarious Thrillseeker View Post

Aleem Dar is bobbins.
                                      According to the guardian OBO it's Wilson who is really having a bad day

Comment

Yes. Wilson having a shocker, but Dar is permanently poor - it must have a negative effect on his partner

Comment

When I met Aleem Dar in 2006 he was a proper lounge lizard. Alligator shoes, slicked hair, bright blue silk shirt with four buttons undone, and a gold chain with pendant round his neck, sipping Amstel in the bar of VRA CC. Now he's like Mr. Pious Muslim.

Comment

I've only been there during the day of a match, but I wouldn't think that bar features on any list of top Amsterdam fleshpots

Comment

That must be one of the greatest test innings of all time.
                                              Last edited by Ray de Galles; 01-08-2019, 17:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                                That must be one of the greatest test innings of all time.
                                                He's class, for sure.

Comment

Bet365 via Cricinfo quotes England as 4/5 favourites but I think England batting fourth have to be at a disadvantage at this point.

Some players absent from this Test might have key roles later - Starc, Archer, Leach. I doubt these will be the elevens we see in the last couple of Tests, on either side.

Comment

Yes I don't trust England's batting at all. I would expect a significant first innings deficit and then Lyon to clean up in the 4th

Comment

Working...
                                                    X