Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Etienne
    replied
    I think the fact that Harris and Bancroft have both failed repeatedly (plus 21 test centuries) mean he'll get another series.

Leave a comment:

• Hot Pepsi
    replied
    I saw that too. Id love to know how somebody figures stats like that out so quickly.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Are Australia going to drop him or give him the home series against Sri Lanka to try and get in some kind of nick?

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Just saw on Facebook that Warner has set a new record: the first time an opening Test batsman has failed to reach double figures eight times in a series.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    Archer bowling wonderfully this morning. Broad a little off, oddly.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
    I don't think Warner touched that at all.
    Looked like a clear gap. Heard a feint sound on the replay but no idea what that could have been.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    I don't think Warner touched that at all.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Mitch Marsh getting his five-fer was very sweet.

Edit ; ah, cross-post with RobW - clearly conflicting sentiments too!

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    All out for 294. Marsh finishes with 5 wickets. Utter wankers.

Leave a comment:

• Rogin the Armchair fan
    replied
    He could get a pair in this test and still average 95.9 for the series.

Leave a comment:

• slackster
    replied
    Im off to this in the morning (105 for a ticket, ffs!). Looks likely we could be watching Smith bat nearly all day, but Im hopeful well see him get a duck instead and ruin his series average.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    England should declare now and knock over the Aussie openers before the end of play.

Leave a comment:

• E10 Rifle
    replied
    3-1 it is then. 2010-11 in reverse

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Australia are only going to have to bat once, aren't they.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    ...and off...and on again.

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    The collapse is on.

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Another decent knock from Burns. Hopefully that's one of the openers' slots filled for the foreseeable future.

Surrey are missing him, mind you.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Originally posted by Etienne View Post
    Well, the match is still pretty balanced, but if you put a side in and they are 86-1 at lunch then it's not gone to plan. Even 95-3 would be below par for a team that's chosen to bowl.
    Well exactly, though I think 95-3 would be a good return! Nobody's saying Australia have lost the match in the first morning (or trying to jinx England) but given the fragility of top orders in this series to give England what is probably the most comfortable opening session yet has to be deemed a failure of tactics. A hat trick of drops from Root doesn't help either.
    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 12-09-2019, 13:05.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Another drop.

Leave a comment:

• Etienne
    replied
    I wonder if Australia are trying to ensure Root is still captain in two years time.

Leave a comment:

• Etienne
    replied
    Well, the match is still pretty balanced, but if you put a side in and they are 86-1 at lunch then it's not gone to plan. Even 95-3 would be below par for a team that's chosen to bowl.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
    Too early to say they're fucking it up either. Two quick wickets after lunch and they're on top
    Yup, already Vaughan is being unbearable and thanking Tim Paine for putting England in. It's as if he wasn't watched the series.

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
    Too early to say they're fucking it up either. Two quick wickets after lunch and they're on top
    This. I mean I know why Ray's trying to jinx it, but I'm not sure about the others

Leave a comment:

• E10 Rifle
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Etienne
    replied
    This really isn't a dead rubber. Yeah, Australia have retained the Ashes, but there's a huge difference between winning and drawing the series. Vastly more than winning 4-0 or 3-1.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X