No announcement yet.

Ashes to Ashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time Pattinson, Cummins and Hazlewood have bowled as a trio this series and England are 56-8. But two more shit shots straight after lunch.

Comment

Christ above.

Comment

Yey! We've got past Australia's score at Trent Bridge in 2015.

Comment

I know FADS about cricket but even I can see this is woeful.

Comment

Archer ducks but forgets he’s got his bat stuck in the air, FFS.

Comment

Were the club seats better occupied yesterday?

Comment

67. Pathetic.

Australia could be out of sight by the end of the day.

Yesterday there was only one meaningful partnership, of Nelson, and nothing today.

Comment

This could be done by tonight in theory. 60 overs, 19 wickets.

Comment

The Aussie players wearing black armbands in a mark of respect for the mother of Malcolm Conn (AUS team media manager), Yvonne, who passed away yesterday.

Comment

Is there a reason why Archer wears 22?

I would have guessed him to be more of the 23 generation.

Comment

A worse batting display than the two-figure scores against Ireland and West Indies this year.

One of the worst Ashes batting displays I've ever seen. Australia bowled well, for sure, but only two or three of those wickets weren't abjectly tossed away

Comment

Mindless review from Broad

Comment

I go out for an appointment, come back and we're all out. That's me not watching Channel 5 tonight...

Comment

Wow

Comment

Lovely ball from Leach

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
                                  One of the worst Ashes batting displays I've ever seen.
                                  It's the worst have batted at home since 1948, statistically, and before that there was just one Test in 1888 where they were skittled for 53 and 62. 1948 was probably a higher quality Australian attack (Lindwall, Miller, Johnston) but also a vastly superior England batting line-up (Hutton, Edrich, Compton)

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/englan...id=1;type=team

Comment

52-3. This really could finish today. Australia probably already have enough but would obviously like a 250-300 cushion.

Comment

More rubbish batting. Fuck me, Test cricket isn't in a great state

Comment

No worries

Smith will be back for the next test

Comment

Cricinfo: "In 37 innings [England] have got out for less than 100 four times, which is once in about nine innings [9.25]."

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_...otal-two-years

There's no precedent for this in modern Test cricket AFAIK, and it's on covered wickets, which have only been allowed since around 1977 IIRC. Australia's attack is good but not McGrath-Warne or 1980s Windies good. Clearly the team has substandard technique and/or serious shot selection issues.
                                          Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 23-08-2019, 14:55.

Comment

Well this is all very retro isn't it

Comment

Worse than retro. No batting at all, whereas in the past they had Gooch, Gower, Cook, etc.

Comment

Comment

That was highly amusing

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                    No worries

Smith will be back for the next test
                                                    If he can dislodge Labuschagne from the side. .

Comment

Working...
                                                    X