No announcement yet.

Brussels sprouts a new winner? Tour de France 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right up to the business end now, here goes Kruijswijk.

Comment

Moot point but if you crash within the last X metres aren't you credited with a time?

Comment

Oh, deary deary deary deary me, Romain.

Comment

Couple of GC riders not getting close to De Gendt.

Comment

That's a strong ride from Porte.

Comment

I was about to ask if any of the Ineos time-trial Pinarellos had crashed yet, but I see from the finishing times that they don't seem to let their domestiques waste energy today. We won't know how twitchy those bikes are until we see Thomas and Bernal hitting the corners.

Comment

This is good from Uran. Come on Rigo!

Comment

The slow motion replays of Dan Martin's white shorts padding and Fuglsang's chin-dangling flob are a bit unnecessary really.

Comment

Ooh! Alaphilippe

Comment

Pinot's remembered how to time trial again.

Comment

Won't win the stage but that's a fabulous effort from Pinot.

Comment

Bernal took his hand off the bars to clear his nose just then. Careful Egan...

Comment

Fucking hell.

Comment

Well that came to life at the end, didn't it?

Comment

Incroyable

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                  Well that came to life at the end, didn't it?
                                  Innit, forgot how the excitement ratchets up on these things.

Can Alaphillipe win the whole thing?!

Comment

We will have a much better idea tomorrow, but he has been saying that he has absolutely no chance for two weeks.

Comment

He had a good Tourmalet last year.

Comment

France will go mental for a French GC winner, won't it? Who was their last one, Hinault in '85?

Comment

Yes, Hinault '85 was the last one.

Alaphillipe did have a good Tourmalet last year, but he was riding for the KOM and effectively took a couple of days off as he didn't care about his overall time. He very much is not doing that this year.

Comment

Mas moves above Bernal and gets the white jersey.

Comment

I know it was an exciting time trial, but rubbish of ITV not to show any of La Course in the highlights programme this evening. They could easily have ditched a couple of interviews and showed the final kilometre.

Comment

I'm always happy when Sky/Ineos have to actually make up time once they hit the mountains. They can't just pull a shrunken elite peloton behind their fastish train, preventing attacks and relying on gaps gained in time-trials. They have to try something.

And I'm really pleased Pinault had a good time trial. I've been feeling sorry for him after he got screwed by the split the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                  We will have a much better idea tomorrow, but he has been saying that he has absolutely no chance for two weeks.
                                                  And continues playing down his chances after today's stage.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                                                    I know it was an exciting time trial, but rubbish of ITV not to show any of La Course in the highlights programme this evening. They could easily have ditched a couple of interviews and showed the final kilometre.
                                                    Do they have the rights?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X