No announcement yet.

Brussels sprouts a new winner? Tour de France 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely memories for me over the next couple of days as Pau was my first stage last year and Col du Soulor the base for my second one. Geraint sealed the win on the individual time trial too, of course - they're still deadly dull TV though.

Comment

As someone who watches rally races I find people racing individually against the clock, gaining and losing time, fairly interesting on its own anyway - though the motor racing is more edge-of-the-seat given the speed and the terrain they are going over.

But something the WRC does is to have an inset map view with dots showing how far a rival or rivals were along the course at that moment. So you take the data from Velon for (say) Kruisjwijk's and Quintana's ride and use it to move a dot along the map at the right speed, but started at the same time as the rider you're interested in. Then you can see who he is ahead of and who he is behind in real time, rather than having to wait for all the checkpoints.

But if you'd prefer to watch Glamorgan at Gloucestershire in the T20, I've put a link on the appropriate thread.
      Last edited by Kevin S; 19-07-2019, 13:51.

Comment

Minor interest early on- liked van Aert’s Belgian champ suit. Tho De Gendt’s gone faster at the checkpoint

Comment

Portugal one was nice, too

Comment

Rohan Dennis sulking about not getting the skinsuit he wanted led to his abandonment they’re saying

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post

But if you'd prefer to watch Glamorgan at Gloucestershire in the T20, I've put a link on the appropriate thread.
              Thanks, though the current raincover action is making the time trial look fascinating.

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
                Minor interest early on- liked van Aert’s Belgian champ suit. Tho De Gendt’s gone faster at the checkpoint
                Yes, that's lush. Missed the Portuguese one so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

Thanks, though the current raincover action is making the time trial look fascinating.
                  Yeah, I timed that one badly.

Comment

I have a problem with Jumbo Visma repeating their logo on both the yellow and red bands of Van Aert's kit.

He is going to have the best time, methinks

Comment

How did van Aert manage that?

Comment

Shit, he's badly hurt.

Comment

Crap. My stream is delayed

Comment

Shit!

Comment

Oh god, it was head first.

Comment

Was the barrier not connected together properly, something seemed to snag his hip.

Comment

Crazy ride from De Gendt. Maybe his time checks led Van Aert to push too hard on that corner

Comment

Used to be easy to tell which channel you were on by the ads but that zwift one is on both

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                      Was the barrier not connected together properly, something seemed to snag his hip.
                                      They sometimes aren't and that seems to be true in this case. Perhaps Pau's massive experience with the Tour caused them to be complacent? Or it could have been undone by spectators.

Comment

The barrier isn't quite straight in the corner, van Aert's right up against it and catches the advertising banner. Similar looking incident to when Sagan got brought down in the Ronde a couple of years since.

Comment

He’s still down

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post

They sometimes aren't and that seems to be true in this case. Perhaps Pau's massive experience with the Tour caused them to be complacent? Or it could have been undone by spectators.

Yeah, a few people wandered across the course at the quieter end of the town from the finish last year, how far was van Aert from the finish?

Comment

He was in the last kilometre, but don't think he'd reached the ramp at 450m to go.

Comment

Is it OK to not take to Sagan, I really never have.

Comment

Schachmann struggled to the line having crashed in the same place as van Aert. I've just looked at the corner on Street View and it's straight after they come out of a tunnel. Riders not adapting to the change of light quickly enough?

Comment

https://twitter.com/JumboVismaRoad/status/1152222662686650368?s=19

Good that it doesn't seem quite as bad as it looked. Kind of unnecessary for the team to say he has abandoned - he quite clearly didn't finish the stage after all...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X