NBA 2019/20: Return of the Big 3?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    I do wonder whether we will start to see more younger fans support individuals rather than clubs, much in the way that "CR7" and Mendes have created a legion ready to change allegiances overnight.

Both the dramatic rise in "player power" and the ubiquity of access to "content" from the entire league certainly make the ground for that kind of thing much more fertile than it was when I was growing up.
    This film is about that, sort of. It’s more about how the players could just create their own “content.” I don’t care about basketball much and still really liked it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8128188/

Comment

Originally posted by jason voorhees View Post
      It's kind of weird/interesting that it's now Big 2 instead Big 3, and will essentially be NBA Jam come to life.
      Westbrook is interested in going to Miami, who is working on pulling off a trade with OKC to pair him with Jimmy Butler.

Can you imagine the two of them in the Miami Vice jerseys? GOOD HEAVENS

Comment

That's, that's the Costacos Brothers' music, bro!

Comment

OKC press the reset button sending Westbrook to Houston, CP3 goes the other way.

I am legitimately excited to see the two playing together again. Christ, is it really 7 years since Harden played in Oklahoma? Time sure does fly, the older you get the faster it seems to go.

Comment

Houston gave up two first round picks to get a longer contract on their books. I know that Westbrook is younger that CP3, so I wonder if Paul and Harden really did hate each other.

Comment

Great conversation here regarding where the balance of power rests in the NBA and how fans of small market teams are now disenfranchised.

Enjoyed how they talk about the different type of NBA fan, the social media fan versus the loyal game-going season ticket holder type of fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                Houston gave up two first round picks to get a longer contract on their books. I know that Westbrook is younger that CP3, so I wonder if Paul and Harden really did hate each other.
                Its a strange one because CP3 chose the Rockets a couple years back (when he was a free agent) because of James Harden, he had a three show special on ESPN that aired in the fall of 2018 which laid it all out. Clearly they had the marriage, the honeymoon, had the arguments, the irreconcilable differences and now divorce.

Matt Barnes was on TV yesterday and said that CP3 was a pretty old school. demonstrative, demanding point guard who was very verbal with his teammates which sometimes rubbed them the wrong way.

Comment

I meant the fall of 2017.

Comment

Working...
                  X